Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Cooler Master HAF XM Mid Tower Case Review

The Cooler Master HAF series has arguably been one of the most successful case lineups in recent memory and the new HAF XM is hoping to continue that tradition. It is nearly as large as a full tower and packs an impressive list of features but it is priced closer to many mid tower chassis. To us that sounds like a winning combination.

Read more here: Cooler Master HAF XM Mid Tower Case Review
Old April 24, 2012, 05:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is it just me or does that look like a CM 690II in haf guise?

The motherboard try is a bit different all-right.. but the front looks distinctly like the 690 on steroids making bulges where there were clean lines.
Old April 24, 2012, 06:35 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I am a big fan of the HAF series to begin with, and I like the looks of this one. Definitely softened the HAF lines a bit, and took some ideas from other cases like the Corsair Carbide cases. I will have to wait until I get home to watch the video portion.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old April 24, 2012, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am not a fan of the look but there are some good ideas in the construction. Easily removed panels & lids, modular hdd cages that double as fan mounts, dust filters galore, ssd mounts, extra fan mounting spots......
What I would like to see is a dust filter on every spot that air can enter, such as side panels. All in all newer cases are heading in the right direction. ( big meccano sets)
Old April 24, 2012, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Autobots, roll out!
Old April 24, 2012, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dimitry's biggest criticism of this case is the same as my biggest criticism with the 690II:

The power supply dust filter.

It's mounted between the bottom of the case and the power supply itself, so to thoroughly clean it one must remove the power supply. It's really an inexcusable design flaw that should have been corrected years ago. Coolermaster could learn something from Corsair about dust filter design, which is unfortunate, because really cases are what Coolermaster is known for...

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old April 24, 2012, 12:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

is there enough room in the top for a push pull rad??

it looks like it but im not sure.
Old April 24, 2012, 01:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

This is probably the one case in the HAF series that I am not a big fan of design wise. Has fantastic functionality, but not pretty enough to make me justify getting it.

As usual, great review Dimitry!
Old April 24, 2012, 01:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Dimitry's biggest criticism of this case is the same as my biggest criticism with the 690II:

The power supply dust filter.

It's mounted between the bottom of the case and the power supply itself, so to thoroughly clean it one must remove the power supply. It's really an inexcusable design flaw that should have been corrected years ago. Coolermaster could learn something from Corsair about dust filter design, which is unfortunate, because really cases are what Coolermaster is known for...
Yuppers, even the likes of TT and Bitfenix got that one right.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 24, 2012, 01:58 PM
Rookie

I haven't been keeping up with cases since buying my haf922, but this case looks like a gigantic step forwards from the 922. Either CM has shelled out a lot of time and money for R&D, or they stole a lot of ideas from competitor cases... but I love the design! As for the PSU filter, I don't know what there is to cry about. If psu's needed filters, they would have built in filters. They obviously don't, so the filter is optionally there for very dirty bedrooms, and I do not intend to locate my $1500 PC in a bedroom. I've been using PSU's without intake filters for years without problems, so I don't understand what there is to cry about?? Just remove the filter and don't use one lol.

My only problem with this is the hotswap sata pcb thing is green. Fuuuuuugly!!! Would it be too much to ask to make it black to match the rest of the case design?