Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Cooler Master HAF XM Mid Tower Case Review (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/53601-cooler-master-haf-xm-mid-tower-case-review.html)

SKYMTL April 23, 2012 08:58 PM

Cooler Master HAF XM Mid Tower Case Review

The Cooler Master HAF series has arguably been one of the most successful case lineups in recent memory and the new HAF XM is hoping to continue that tradition. It is nearly as large as a full tower and packs an impressive list of features but it is priced closer to many mid tower chassis. To us that sounds like a winning combination.

Read more here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...se-review.html

Dzzope April 24, 2012 05:03 AM

Is it just me or does that look like a CM 690II in haf guise?

The motherboard try is a bit different all-right.. but the front looks distinctly like the 690 on steroids making bulges where there were clean lines.

PerryC April 24, 2012 06:35 AM

I am a big fan of the HAF series to begin with, and I like the looks of this one. Definitely softened the HAF lines a bit, and took some ideas from other cases like the Corsair Carbide cases. I will have to wait until I get home to watch the video portion.

stoanee April 24, 2012 07:04 AM

I am not a fan of the look but there are some good ideas in the construction. Easily removed panels & lids, modular hdd cages that double as fan mounts, dust filters galore, ssd mounts, extra fan mounting spots......
What I would like to see is a dust filter on every spot that air can enter, such as side panels. All in all newer cases are heading in the right direction. ( big meccano sets) :thumb:

YukonTrooper April 24, 2012 10:10 AM

Autobots, roll out!

great_big_abyss April 24, 2012 10:42 AM

Dimitry's biggest criticism of this case is the same as my biggest criticism with the 690II:

The power supply dust filter.

It's mounted between the bottom of the case and the power supply itself, so to thoroughly clean it one must remove the power supply. It's really an inexcusable design flaw that should have been corrected years ago. Coolermaster could learn something from Corsair about dust filter design, which is unfortunate, because really cases are what Coolermaster is known for...

Master_Shake_ April 24, 2012 12:59 PM

is there enough room in the top for a push pull rad??

it looks like it but im not sure.

Keltron 3030 April 24, 2012 01:19 PM

This is probably the one case in the HAF series that I am not a big fan of design wise. Has fantastic functionality, but not pretty enough to make me justify getting it.

As usual, great review Dimitry!

Soultribunal April 24, 2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 623386)
Dimitry's biggest criticism of this case is the same as my biggest criticism with the 690II:

The power supply dust filter.

It's mounted between the bottom of the case and the power supply itself, so to thoroughly clean it one must remove the power supply. It's really an inexcusable design flaw that should have been corrected years ago. Coolermaster could learn something from Corsair about dust filter design, which is unfortunate, because really cases are what Coolermaster is known for...

Yuppers, even the likes of TT and Bitfenix got that one right.

-ST

gromacs April 24, 2012 01:58 PM

I haven't been keeping up with cases since buying my haf922, but this case looks like a gigantic step forwards from the 922. Either CM has shelled out a lot of time and money for R&D, or they stole a lot of ideas from competitor cases... but I love the design! As for the PSU filter, I don't know what there is to cry about. If psu's needed filters, they would have built in filters. They obviously don't, so the filter is optionally there for very dirty bedrooms, and I do not intend to locate my $1500 PC in a bedroom. I've been using PSU's without intake filters for years without problems, so I don't understand what there is to cry about?? Just remove the filter and don't use one lol.

My only problem with this is the hotswap sata pcb thing is green. Fuuuuuugly!!! Would it be too much to ask to make it black to match the rest of the case design?