Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2012, 09:36 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Question new case

i am looking to replace my Cooler Master Haf 932 looking for something with similar build quality and a window for under or around 200.

i like the NZXT Switch 810 but there is just too much plastic when watching the review looks like he almost made it collapse.

The Corsair Obsidian 800D is near perfect but seems limited on the air flow and the price is way to high.

any ideas?

last thing should i upgrade from a P8P67 Pro (Pre-B3 revision) to a Z77? but which one ? i would like to stay away from Asus this round.

Thanks
Old April 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

How about Corsair 600T or Fractal Design Define R3 for a mid tower? I think the former has a window version and the latter does not.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:51 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

i gotta fit all this in it idk if i can fit all this in a mid tower
Old April 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

i was also thinking of sizing down my Rad to a 240 but idk how the temps will change or would i have to have a push-pull set up for equal temps?
Old April 19, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Can't really comment on the case situation.

As for the motherboard, I wouldn't bother upgrading. That said you can get an updated B3 motherboard for free (as far as I know it is free).

Quickly and Easily Identify ASUS New B3 Revision Motherboards

From the bottom of that link:

"We would like to use this opportunity to encourage any users currently in possession of affected ASUS products to carry out return and replacement promptly, so that the transition to the revised hardware is as smooth and fast as possible. For additional information and assistance, please feel free to contact your local ASUS service hotline. Check Change SandyBridge for MB for detailed warranty and service hotline information."

About being free:

Intel®6 Series Chipset Resolution

From that link:

"Free product replacement

US and Canadian Customers: If you would like to have ASUS resolve this issue, free replacement service and 2-way standard shipping will be provided by ASUS. An equivalent/new product will be provided to the customer as part of this program and warranty renewal at the time of replacement*."
Old April 19, 2012, 01:26 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Smile

ok i started the replacement process for the mb, now just searching for a case.
i thought i was out of luck to get a replacement after one year but they are going to send one.
simply amazing, looks like i will be sticking with asus
Thanks Bond007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Can't really comment on the case situation.

As for the motherboard, I wouldn't bother upgrading. That said you can get an updated B3 motherboard for free (as far as I know it is free).

Quickly and Easily Identify ASUS New B3 Revision Motherboards

From the bottom of that link:

"We would like to use this opportunity to encourage any users currently in possession of affected ASUS products to carry out return and replacement promptly, so that the transition to the revised hardware is as smooth and fast as possible. For additional information and assistance, please feel free to contact your local ASUS service hotline. Check Change SandyBridge for MB for detailed warranty and service hotline information."

About being free:

Intel®6 Series Chipset Resolution

From that link:

"Free product replacement

US and Canadian Customers: If you would like to have ASUS resolve this issue, free replacement service and 2-way standard shipping will be provided by ASUS. An equivalent/new product will be provided to the customer as part of this program and warranty renewal at the time of replacement*."
Old April 19, 2012, 05:06 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

looks like something came up where i am + 500 bucks so thinking the Corsair 800D anyone have any other suggestions before i put in my order?
Old April 19, 2012, 05:12 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvinjones View Post
i am looking to replace my Cooler Master Haf 932 looking for something with similar build quality and a window for under or around 200.

i like the NZXT Switch 810 but there is just too much plastic when watching the review looks like he almost made it collapse.

The Corsair Obsidian 800D is near perfect but seems limited on the air flow and the price is way to high.

any ideas?

last thing should i upgrade from a P8P67 Pro (Pre-B3 revision) to a Z77? but which one ? i would like to stay away from Asus this round.

Thanks
The Switch 810 is not a flimsy chassis by any means. I have one (bought it from Newegg, in fact, just prior to working for NZXT) and it's pretty solid. It has about as much plastic as any Lancool or Corsair case. It's fast becoming a favorite of the modding and watercooling communities.
Old April 19, 2012, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvinjones View Post
ok i started the replacement process for the mb, now just searching for a case.
i thought i was out of luck to get a replacement after one year but they are going to send one.
simply amazing, looks like i will be sticking with asus
Thanks Bond007
No worries. Nothing wrong with something for nothing. Do they let you keep the old motherboard?
Old April 19, 2012, 11:26 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Talking

nope i have to send it back but i have to wait for the new mobo and i have to put the new mobo on my credit card then they will refund me when they receive my old board.

BTW I ordered the Obsidian 800D the switch 810 just wasn't my style i was thinking of going for the Cosmos 2 but then i wanted the window and i pre-ordered Diablo 3
for a total of 329.68 shipped

price beat at Memory express
from
hookbag.ca