Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2012, 06:21 AM
Rookie

Default COOLER MASTER HAF X

I was thinking of upgrading to the CM HAF X. Was just wanting some feedback on the case. im currently using RAIDMAX Blackstorm . I Need some more space !! Any feedback would be awesome!!!
Old April 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

HAF series are still classics.
what are you putting in it?
Old April 18, 2012, 08:15 AM
Rookie

Im going with mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula /cpu: AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz /heat sink:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus / Gpu:ASUS GTX680.... if you think there is a better case plz let me know..
Old April 18, 2012, 09:06 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I own an HAF-X since a year or so and I am loving it. Great airflow, lots of space. The only case I would see better from CM is the monstrous Cosmos 2 but it come with a price too. I don't know much about other company's cases but I love mine. I recently moved the side fan to the top and bought another Megaflow for the side. Although I can't seem to see any temperature drop, it does help provide fresher air. I had some problems closing the top part because USB cables were hitting the fan but once forced-in, everything is running cool and quiet.

COSMOS II - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply
Gaming PC - Need your opinion (My rig when I got it last year)

Gameplay > Graphics ... oh wait

Food > Gameplay > Graphics > Movies > Sleep > Work
Old April 18, 2012, 12:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nope Haf X is the best IMO! I'm in the process of modding the crap out of mine for water cooling :) You'll love it, it's huge the stock fans are very quiet I was very surprised you can take the side fan and put it up top. Only thing I don't like is the crappy dust filters but you can get some from DMCIflex I think it's called. Its just awesome.
Old April 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
Rookie

Awsome !!! Thanks guys im going down and buying it Friday!!!!!
Old April 19, 2012, 05:55 PM
Rookie

i used to have this case. to be honest, it was huge and has great airflow. but it looks like crap :(
Old April 19, 2012, 05:56 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

You MAY want to wait a few days since there MAY be something newish coming from Cooler Master...
Old April 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
Rookie

if you're looking for an air cooled case, look up some reviews on the silverstone ft02. it's amazing and keeps everything cool without the bulkiness of the haf series.