Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2012, 10:43 AM
Top Prospect

Default Which case do you recommend?

Hey guys I plan on buying a blue Cooler Master HAF X, I know it's a good case but is there any other case out there that looks better than it?
Old April 7, 2012, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

What exactly are you try to accomplish in this case? Water cool?
Old April 7, 2012, 10:50 AM
Top Prospect

Just regular air flow, not experienced enough for water cooling
Old April 7, 2012, 10:53 AM

My System Specs

Budget?
Old April 7, 2012, 10:54 AM
Top Prospect

uhmm around 200$
Old April 7, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If you have 200 I would recommend looking at the corsair cases. They have excellent cases of great build quality which offer pretty much all the features you can ask for.
Old April 7, 2012, 03:55 PM
Rookie

I recommend the NZXT :: Unique. Unprecendented. Inspired - Switch 810 Product Detail

It has awesome air cooling and if you ever decide to try watercooling in the future your definitely covered with it.
Old April 7, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I proffered the Chaser by Thermaltake but now I save my money and would get the Shinobi XL windowed case and a good Noctua. still well under $200 and a great option
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old April 7, 2012, 06:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I love my Raven 3, damn good aircooling case it is, plenty enough room for just about anything as well.
Another good couple of cases, Cougar Evolution, Enermax Fulmo/Fulmo GT, Corsair Obsidian/Carbide series, Raidmax Viper, Akasa Venom Toxic...From the reviews and such I have done, The Raven 2E/3, Enermax Fulmo GT, and by far the Akasa Venom Toxic are pretty much the best aircooling cases out there. There really is not much to compare them to in this regard. Build quality is second to none as well for the F GT and A V T, check some reviews on them, you may find that case you were looking for.

I know Raven 3 in my specific config easily dropped my idle/load temps with a single gpu and a decently overclocked cpu/gpu by 5-18c idle/load so it definetly is a nice case in that regard. Though for my own opinion the fulmo or venom toxic may have been better choices, I would`nt trade the raven 3 for anything. Tons of room, great cooling, quieter then my last case. The only thing that sucked was the amount of time it took to wire it :P

That shinobi XL looks like an excellent quality more room then most, however, there also looks like there can be issues with cooling as it has very little intake air but good exhaust. Positive airflow is a really good thing to have, the way the XL is setup, its negative air, not the best. But if you like it, wth :)

Last edited by Dragonstongue; April 7, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old April 7, 2012, 08:09 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

+1

I have a brand new sealed White Switch 810 sitting in my living room since it was launched....but haven't decided if I really need to go with that case, unless I move from my current custom single-loop to a more customised dual-loop setup since I bought a GTX680...

If you want a slightly smaller case I highly recommend the hugely popular NZXT Phantom cases (I am proudly running my system in a Black w/Green Special Edition):

NZXT :: Unique. Unprecendented. Inspired - Phantom Product Detail

NZXT has been coming out with alot of enthusiast-oriented cases and are gaining popularity judging by the great system builds featuring the Switch 810 (and the Phantom) found in various forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar69 View Post
I recommend the NZXT :: Unique. Unprecendented. Inspired - Switch 810 Product Detail

It has awesome air cooling and if you ever decide to try watercooling in the future your definitely covered with it.