Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2012, 02:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I would go for a Corsair 500R if you don't want to water cool. Those towers look so damn nice. I have built systems in both the white and black one. I honestly liked it better than my 800D when it comes to looks. The front and side fans make it look great when turned on. Cable management is easy and you can actually fit quite a lot into this tower. For a mid tower they are pretty big. Sitting next to my 800D it didn't look too small compare to it. The interior is fully black, a lot of tool less design features and very easy to work with. Also very comparable to towers at a higher price range. I have built 2 systems using the HAF X as well. Those towers are nice I'll be honest. They look great if it's your preferred taste in towers, but I found that the 500R towers were easier to work with and also looked classier. The HAF X bring a lot bulky accessories that I ended up stashing in a box and will never use. The hot swappable feature on the HAF X is an advantage over the 500R but it can be overlooked if you don't care much for that feature. If you put the HAF X beside the 500R it wouldn't be much bigger, it's just bulkier. The side panel of the 500R behind the motherboard is designed to give you room for cable management which I found to be great. It closed perfectly without any cables trying to push it out. The Phantom cases and Switch are cool if you like storm troopers
Attached Images

Last edited by deinosaur; April 24, 2012 at 02:58 AM.