Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Thermaltake Level 10 cooling. [non GT]

As most of you know,I have the Level 10 case. I'm looking for the most quiet and efficient method of cooling the CPU. Air or liquid,it really doesn't matter. I just want the very best,and most quiet method of cooling available for this case. I'm not wild about any of the Thermaltake coolers. I sent a PM to Dazmode,and I'm asking here as well. If anyone here is familiar with the Level 10 case design,and have any suggestions,I'm all ears. I have the Corsair H80 right now,but CPU temps are hitting 75+c. I think that's a bit too hot. Anybody? Thanks all.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 2, 2012, 12:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think there's anywhere to internal mount a 2x120 rad on that case. Does it have tubing holes in the back? I'd suggest hanging a double rad off the exhaust fan, using a rad mount.

Kit like this one: STEP ONE: RAYSTORM KIT BASE - TANK D5 [DS-BASE D5TR] - $254.99 : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!
Rad mount: EK-UNI RAD Holder 120mm BLACK (finally metal radbox!) EK-UNI RAD Holder 120mm BLACK [EK-UNI RAD 120] - $11.99 : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!
Old April 2, 2012, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I don't think there's anywhere to internal mount a 2x120 rad on that case. Does it have tubing holes in the back? I'd suggest hanging a double rad off the exhaust fan, using a rad mount.

Kit like this one: STEP ONE: RAYSTORM KIT BASE - TANK D5 [DS-BASE D5TR] - $254.99 : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!
Rad mount: EK-UNI RAD Holder 120mm BLACK (finally metal radbox!) EK-UNI RAD Holder 120mm BLACK [EK-UNI RAD 120] - $11.99 : DazMode, The Best Canadian PC Watercooling and Modding Store!
There are no tubing holes etc. in the back. The Level 10 is compartmental,and you are right,it won't accept a 2x120 rad. I had the Corsair H100,but I switched to the H80 with my buddy Killswitch. I'm hoping Dazmode comes up with something. I don't want to start modding this case. To hang anything off the back etc. would really impact the look of the Level 10. Maybe I'm pushing the panic button for nothing. Do you think 75c for the CPU and 90c for the Video cards are safe enough temps? Thanks for your response Sugar.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old April 2, 2012, 02:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post

Hanging a rad off the back won't work due to how the mobo compartment door is shaped and opens up. The only option I can see a high flow 140mm intake fan and/or switch the H80 fans around for intake instead of exhaust, which could potentially make the video cards even hotter.

Slik..... try setting the H80 to 'level 3' on the cpu block, and manually increase the fan speeds on the GTX580's. That might do the trick if it doesn't get too loud for your liking.
Old April 2, 2012, 02:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

90 For the 580 really seems high.
I have had a 580 in a lesser case (TT Armor A90) and full gaming load it was never past 60.

As for the CPU, given the 4.0 on a Hot i7 I would say thats normal temps.
TJ is 100 so you're plenty safe.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 2, 2012, 02:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
There are no tubing holes etc. in the back...
Then their PR department is telling fibs. The specs on TT's site say it's "Liquid Cooling capable", which means tube holes to me.

As for your temps, 75 on the CPU and 90 on the GPU's won't hurt anything, but it's on the high end of my personal comfort range. You may want to experiment with different fans on the H80.
Old April 2, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
Hanging a rad off the back won't work due to how the mobo compartment door is shaped and opens up. The only option I can see a high flow 140mm intake fan and/or switch the H80 fans around for intake instead of exhaust, which could potentially make the video cards even hotter.

Slik..... try setting the H80 to 'level 3' on the cpu block, and manually increase the fan speeds on the GTX580's. That might do the trick if it doesn't get too loud for your liking.
I set the H80 to level 3,but the noise was a bit too much. A lot too much really. I suppose trying the rad switch won't hurt.