Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   NAS Case suggestions - Must fit ITX board and atleast 3+ drives (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/52749-nas-case-suggestions-must-fit-itx-board-atleast-3-drives.html)

Keywork March 26, 2012 01:46 PM

NAS Case suggestions - Must fit ITX board and atleast 3+ drives

So i'm slowly piecing a FREENAS box together. I'm about to pull the trigger on an MSI E-350 cpu/board combo, i've got ram and an old 300 watt power supply at home and the disks will be bought shortly after. The only thing remaining is the case at this point.

It needs to fit the above ITX board, a standard ATX power supply (I may be willing to purchase a case with a smaller form factor PSU), and ATLEAST 3+ drives.

Any suggestions people? I've been looking at the Fractal Array case but it's $170 for a case and power supply and I feel like I could save some money going another route.

dandelioneater March 26, 2012 01:57 PM

Lian Li PC-V354B

Lian Li PC-Q08R Red

any of these

Keywork March 26, 2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandelioneater (Post 614884)

Both seem like very nice options. Just found this silverstone case as well:

Silverstone PS07B Precision Black M-ATX Tower 2*5.25 1*3.5 HDD Converter 5*3.5"HDD No PS - Silverstone Technology - PS07B

dandelioneater March 26, 2012 02:16 PM

that silverstone case is quite a bit more economical than the lian li's, the one thing I don't like about the lian li's are the little screws to attach the side panels, - a bit tedious in my opinion.

sswilson March 26, 2012 02:17 PM

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V352B Black Aluminum MicroATX Desktop Case

If you like this particular lili case, you might find one at a reasonable price if you look through the buy/sell threads..... ;)

Keywork March 26, 2012 02:24 PM

That's what reviews are saying as well. The silverstone case seems pretty decent, fits quite a few drives, and it's only 70 bucks which is solid. I'm about to grab a tape measure and check out it's dimensions to make sure it's not overly large. It may be the one, but keep the suggestions coming!

Keywork March 26, 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 614896)
Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-V352B Black Aluminum MicroATX Desktop Case

If you like this particular lili case, you might find one at a reasonable price if you look through the buy/sell threads..... ;)

I believe lowfat is selling that one .... (**runs off and checks the BST threads**)

tangrisser March 26, 2012 05:36 PM

Fractal Design Array R2 Black Mini ITX Storage Computer Case 1X2.5INT 6X3.5INT 140MM Fan 300W PSU - Fractal Design - ARRAY-R2

This is one of my all time favorite if you are looking for small form factor type of case. It also comes with a smaller power supply.

(I <3 this case except I need 12 - 16 hot swap bays/SAS Expander/Redundant power supply)

Philth March 26, 2012 05:42 PM

Best looking IMHO: Lian Li PC-Q25

Up there in the price spectrum, but still cheaper than that Array.

Keywork March 26, 2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philth (Post 614947)
Best looking IMHO: Lian Li PC-Q25

Up there in the price spectrum, but still cheaper than that Array.

That one is very nice! And it's got a hot swap backplane for 5 drives. Noice!