Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Level10 cooling [not GT model] (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/52327-level10-cooling-not-gt-model.html)

Slik March 9, 2012 10:37 AM

Level10 cooling [not GT model]

Does anyone here know if a liquid CPU cooler can be installed in the Thermaltake Level 10? Anyone here that owns one of these things? Thanks all.

AmuseMe March 9, 2012 10:59 AM

A guy that goes by the name Jo/ Underground/ Chiller has two Coolit Boreas + a Freezone Elite in his cooling an SR-2. Not quite what you are asking, but that may be a good lead.

Slik March 9, 2012 11:38 AM

I found some specs on the Thermaltake site,and it says "liquid cooling capable". There are no suggested coolers on their site,and for sure the Bigwater series won't fit. Too many tubes etc. Looks to me like it will only take a cooler with one rad fan. I'll keep checking around. The only reason I bought the Level 10 GT,was that I thought I could not install a liquid cooler in the non GT Level 10. If I can find one that's good,and fits the Level 10,I just may have a Level 10 GT for sale. The Freezone Elite "looks" like it would fit,but I need advice from someone that knows for sure. All input is very much appreciated.

Slik March 9, 2012 01:56 PM

Never mind guys. I confirmed that it does allow for liquid cooling. Now I don't know what to do. Do I need this case? Maximum PC had this listed as a "Dream Machine". Why can't I dream? Please help convince me.

sswilson March 9, 2012 02:02 PM

Heh... if I had the money I'd have already bought one..... ;)

Bungwirez March 9, 2012 05:34 PM

theres lot of cooler watercooling cases (plus accessory) for that price

JJThomp March 9, 2012 07:26 PM

You might want a bigger case for watercooling just to allow more room for tubes to bend without kinking, working in a mid tower can be tricky when watercooling.

Newegg.ca - Thermaltake Level 10 Series Level 10 GTS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

This is the case you are looking at correct?

PLg March 9, 2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJThomp (Post 610209)
You might want a bigger case for watercooling just to allow more room for tubes to bend without kinking, working in a mid tower can be tricky when watercooling.

Newegg.ca - Thermaltake Level 10 Series Level 10 GTS Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

This is the case you are looking at correct?

Negative, he is talking about this one
Thermaltake Level 10 Aluminum ATX Super Full Tower Gaming Station Computer Case VL30001N1Z (Black): Amazon.ca: Electronics

make sure you are not drinking while you look at the price.

Honestly, if your dream includes winning the lottery sure, but for me 400$ would get me a "dream" case, 800$ is kinda on the extreme

n0mad March 9, 2012 10:17 PM

You're talking about the Thermaltake Level 10? There's NO WAY you can put in a high-end watercooling system in there, unless you mod. (I don't see why you would want to mod such an expensive case) But if you just wanna do your CPU. You can do it with an H50 or something maybe. As far as cooling the GPU, Northbridge, RAM, etc. Not possible. And, I think that case only fits a standard ATX motherboard.

Do what you like with your money! :D But that case is mainly for looks. If you want something with more functionality, I'd buy a Cosmos 2 or something.

Slik March 10, 2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0mad (Post 610239)
You're talking about the Thermaltake Level 10? There's NO WAY you can put in a high-end watercooling system in there, unless you mod. (I don't see why you would want to mod such an expensive case) But if you just wanna do your CPU. You can do it with an H50 or something maybe. As far as cooling the GPU, Northbridge, RAM, etc. Not possible. And, I think that case only fits a standard ATX motherboard.

Do what you like with your money! :D But that case is mainly for looks. If you want something with more functionality, I'd buy a Cosmos 2 or something.

I said Liquid cooling. Too many tubes etc. with water. There are quite a few available with better rads etc. than the H60,although that would probably work. I went ahead and ordered the case,so I can see better,what cooler to use. I don't want any Video card coolers etc.,so everything should fit nice nice. I will keep us posted.