Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2012, 07:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Heh... if I had the money I'd have already bought one..... ;)
Thanks. You convinced me. I ordered one from A Power for $715.00. I will ask my friend Killswitch to give me a hand in transplanting my stuff into the new case. When all is done,I'll post a couple of pics.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 10, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLg View Post
Negative, he is talking about this one
Thermaltake Level 10 Aluminum ATX Super Full Tower Gaming Station Computer Case VL30001N1Z (Black): Amazon.ca: Electronics

make sure you are not drinking while you look at the price.

Honestly, if your dream includes winning the lottery sure, but for me 400$ would get me a "dream" case, 800$ is kinda on the extreme
I thought that might be what he was talking about but could not swallow it... You could water cool in that.
Old March 15, 2012, 09:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
I thought that might be what he was talking about but could not swallow it... You could water cool in that.
I already have the Level 10 GT model. I would have purchased the Level 10 [non gt] from the get go,but I didn't think I could install a liquid CPU cooler in it. Nor did I think it would take any kind of water cooling. You are right. The Level 10 CAN be water cooled. The info I read on the Level 10, was from the time frame of when it was first released. Since then,liquid and water cooling devices are now available that DO fit in this case. So I went ahead and purchased one. It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow,and with help from my buddy Killswitch,I should have all my hardware in the Level 10 GT,transplanted into the Level 10 sometime maybe this weekend. I think he will take some pics,and we will post them here, if anyone is interested in seeing what this thing looks like with my hardware in it. The Level 10 GT is an awesome case,and I'm sure some members here will think I've lost my mind buying the non GT model. Maybe I am a little crazy,but what the hell...it's sure a lot of fun.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 15, 2012, 09:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I already have the Level 10 GT model. I would have purchased the Level 10 [non gt] from the get go,but I didn't think I could install a liquid CPU cooler in it. Nor did I think it would take any kind of water cooling. You are right. The Level 10 CAN be water cooled. The info I read on the Level 10, was from the time frame of when it was first released. Since then,liquid and water cooling devices are now available that DO fit in this case. So I went ahead and purchased one. It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow,and with help from my buddy Killswitch,I should have all my hardware in the Level 10 GT,transplanted into the Level 10 sometime maybe this weekend. I think he will take some pics,and we will post them here, if anyone is interested in seeing what this thing looks like with my hardware in it. The Level 10 GT is an awesome case,and I'm sure some members here will think I've lost my mind buying the non GT model. Maybe I am a little crazy,but what the hell...it's sure a lot of fun.
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing some pics of it. What coolers do you have your eyes on, do you have a preference towards sealed units, or would you consider a custom loop with something like a PA120 + a bay res/incorporated pump unit?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing some pics of it. What coolers do you have your eyes on, do you have a preference towards sealed units, or would you consider a custom loop with something like a PA120 + a bay res/incorporated pump unit?
Right now,I'm thinking of the Corsair H 80. I have the H 100 right now,but I'm not sure it will fit without some modding. The specs on the H80 re cooling etc. are almost identical to the H100. I'm very much open to,and would appreciate suggestions on a CPU cooler. I am looking at sealed units. Thank you very much. This whole build is a big deal for me,and I want to make sure I get it right.
Old March 15, 2012, 02:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The case was delivered today. Sure enough,UPS left it at the door in my driveway. No knock or doorbell. Those A-holes just dropped it and took off. I had no idea it would be here that soon. I went to check the mail box,and there it was. I could have been out til late in the night. It's not like it's a small package and hard to notice. That thing,and the box it came in is huge. Anyone could have spotted it, either walking or driving by the house. Let's face it,not everyone is honest. At any rate,it's here. I'm going to have to wait for a while to get help from Killswitch. He just had a new baby,and obviously has more important things on his mind. Once he has some time,we'll set it up and post some pics and opinions. I can say this much,..that thing looks super awesome. Don't forget guys,throw some ideas at me for cooling. Thanks.
Old March 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I called Thermaltake tech people,and the guy I talked to said he had one,and he has the Corsair H80 in his. Right now,that is the cooler Thermaltake recommends for the Level 10. He also said that Thermaltake will have it's own sealed unit liquid cooler to be available some time near the end of April. It's the Bigwater A80. I was leaning toward the Corsair H80 from the get go,so that's the one I'm going to get. Thanks all.
Old March 15, 2012, 11:53 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Take pictures? Yes? :D It probably looks great!
Old March 16, 2012, 02:13 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

you sure have an understanding wife Slik
Old March 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Rookie

I cant find the case on A-power. Was it a special order or something?