Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2012, 07:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default HAF-X USB 3.0 Header

Ok yeah I am getting obsessed with that but here is what I got from CM customer support.

If you bought your HAF-X (or I guess any case with USB 3.0 header prior to the standard finalization), just send them an email and they will reply telling you to hit the link below and to complete the part request. 2 or 3 days later, you have the second link's item in your mailbox. Enjoy your free USB 3.0 new internal cables! Their unit is looking longer that the BitFenix I quickly review thus I may use it permanently.

Quote:
Please fill out the parts request form found below and we can send you the external pass through to internal USB 3.0 adapter.
Request Part - Cooler Master

Use the model number of the case(RC-942-KKN2-GP) and in the description box state you need external to internal USB 3.0 adapter.
The serial can be found near the motherboard’s IO panel on rear of case. If you cannot find the serial number, then a copy of the invoice must be uploaded.

CM Store : USB 3.0 Header

Gameplay > Graphics ... oh wait

Food > Gameplay > Graphics > Movies > Sleep > Work

Last edited by Mayoo; February 29, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old February 29, 2012, 01:15 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Antec customer support for CM's product?
:P
Old February 29, 2012, 07:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Lol my bad, yeah and I was wondering why I wasn't getting any service at all rofl.

Fixed!

Btw, it shipped yesterday and I confirm the part is the one I provided the link for.

Old March 7, 2012, 05:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So I got the thing, not like the photo on the store. I like it better than the BitFenix one. Everything was free so don't hesitate to contact CM!

Here is the gizmo!

Old March 7, 2012, 05:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

never mind lol i figured it out
Old April 12, 2012, 05:02 PM
Allstar

[QUOTE=Mayoo;609498]So I got the thing, not like the photo on the store. I like it better than the BitFenix one. Everything was free so don't hesitate to contact CM!

Here is the gizmo!

Are those USB female inputs or female sata inputs ?

CHEERS
Old April 13, 2012, 01:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

USB

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters."

Old April 13, 2012, 02:46 PM
Allstar

I was thinking of something like this for my problem. The Lian Li case comes with that 20 pin 3.0 adapter but my motherboard doesn't.

Newegg.com - SYBA USB 3.0 PCI-e Card with HDD Power Connector (3 + 1 Ports) Model SD-PEX20080

Just don't like the look of that adapter and a few negative comments there, wish Asus or Intel would make one.

CHEERS
Old April 13, 2012, 02:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I was thinking of something like this for my problem. The Lian Li case comes with that 20 pin 3.0 adapter but my motherboard doesn't.

Newegg.com - SYBA USB 3.0 PCI-e Card with HDD Power Connector (3 + 1 Ports) Model SD-PEX20080

Just don't like the look of that adapter and a few negative comments there, wish Asus or Intel would make one.
I was just looking at these kinds of cards, and that's not what you're looking for... it looks like the card you linked to only has a standard USB3 connector internally rather than a Motherboard header... this is the kind of card you're looking for, but so far the one's I've found over at NCIX aren't in stock....

Silverstone SST-EC01+ 19 Pin Dual Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Card - Silverstone Technology - SST-EC01+

Something else to pay attention to is that most of these 3.0 cards have a molex connection on them, so don't be tricked into thinking that the molex is an internal header.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
Allstar

Yes, your right. I'll keep looking. Ideally I would like 1 sata, USB ( 2 min ) plus the 20pin on a PCIe 2.0.

CHEERS