Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2012, 01:49 PM
Rookie

Default Case Query for Watercooling

Heya guys!
First time posting, long time lurking, love the website, blah blah...

Anyway, was hoping I could pluck your collective product knowledge.

I'm looking for a white case, with a large viewing window (no fans), that is a good choice for watercooling. Ideally it would have a white motherboard tray.

I have fallen in love with white cases after putting my most recent build in a white R3 (I did have to replace the red LED with a blue one, c'mon. white and blue all day. ) and I would love to be able to continue that trend with my first foray into water.

I've been poking about the internets for days, and the only one that comes remotely close is a white graphite from Corsair. I have no qualms about having to mod or even make my own case (would be loads of fun) but was wondering if there were any solutions already out there in the market.

In terms of availability, I live in the US. Which is a pity because some really cool enclosures exist across the pond.

ANYWAY, any help you could give would be much appreciated.
Old February 10, 2012, 02:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Mountain Mods! I have an Ascencion and it is simply great for WC. You can choose from a wide variety of panels with lots of window options and you can have it powder coated in white. I know, it's not for everybody and you have to like that kind of case.
Old February 10, 2012, 02:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrath View Post
Heya guys!
First time posting, long time lurking, love the website, blah blah...

Anyway, was hoping I could pluck your collective product knowledge.

I'm looking for a white case, with a large viewing window (no fans), that is a good choice for watercooling. Ideally it would have a white motherboard tray.

I have fallen in love with white cases after putting my most recent build in a white R3 (I did have to replace the red LED with a blue one, c'mon. white and blue all day. ) and I would love to be able to continue that trend with my first foray into water.

I've been poking about the internets for days, and the only one that comes remotely close is a white graphite from Corsair. I have no qualms about having to mod or even make my own case (would be loads of fun) but was wondering if there were any solutions already out there in the market.

In terms of availability, I live in the US. Which is a pity because some really cool enclosures exist across the pond.

ANYWAY, any help you could give would be much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pellelu View Post
Mountain Mods! I have an Ascencion and it is simply great for WC. You can choose from a wide variety of panels with lots of window options and you can have it powder coated in white. I know, it's not for everybody and you have to like that kind of case.
Corsair 800D and the motherboard tray is semi-removable so you can paint it outside the case.
Old February 10, 2012, 04:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellelu View Post
You do have to appreciate that style of case, and unfortunately for me - I don't

I've realized I'm impossible to please. I've been looking for a large white mid tower that has completely removable harddrive bays (for a 240 rad) and enough clearance up on top for another 240.

Like I said, I'd be hugely indebted if anyone knows something that fits my criterion but I'm coming around to the idea that I'll either have to compromise or build my own.
Old March 2, 2012, 06:34 PM
Rookie

NZXT Switch 810 perhaps? :D

White? Check.
Large Window? Check.
Great for watercooling? Check.
Old March 8, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition. www.newegg.ca
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 8, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think the Fractal Design R3 would fit your criteria except for the lack of window(which can be easily installed yourself. It has room for a 240 in the front, room for a 240 up top.

I know because I fit a 240 in the front of my fractal define mini mATX. My mini also has about 50mm of clearance from the top of the motherboard up top so I imagine the R3 should have the same amount or possibly more.

You could always just leave your side panel off like I do mine, so I can look at the inside :P
Old March 12, 2012, 06:15 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Depends on your budget. There's always the NZXT Switch 810 for about 169.99. At this price, it's the only chassis out there with good watercooling options.
If you want to spend more, you're looking at a Silverstone TJ07 or go with a CaseLabs case. CaseLabs is superior in quality to Mountain Mods, and worth every penny.

NZXT:NZXT :: Unique. Unprecendented. Inspired - Switch 810 Product Detail
Silverstone TJ07: SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- TJ07
CaseLabs: CASELABS On-Line Store
Old March 14, 2012, 04:10 PM
Allstar

I'd stay away from Mountain Mods to be honest, their stuff is pretty cheap for the price you pay.

Since you want something white with a window I would go with a switch 810
Old March 14, 2012, 04:22 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

you could go with a fractal arc midi and mod it. it could be fun plus theyre only 100 bucks so if you eff it up its no big deal plus they are great for watercooling