Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
Well I read the package of the fan and it doesn't indicate "Only compatible with NZXT cases" or at least if it does it's not easily noticeable. I expected to have that kind of information easily visible on the packaging without having to go to a forum and reading it's not compatible with other cases.

I'd have to disagree with you based on my personal preference. Yes it's a big case with a lot of features but if the build quality isn't up to par what's the point? I'd much rather spend $250+ on case that will last me 5-6 years or more of use rather than much less and have something on the case break in a year and have buy a new case or live with something broken on my case. If you change out cases every year or 2 this obviously won't be a problem.

Fair enough, I don't have a package here to confirm if its on the physical packaging. But it is on all the etailers listings and NZXT's main product page. I agree that it should be on the package. But NZXT isn't the only one guilty of this.

As for cases lasting.
That entirely depends on what you are doing.
The point where you are spending 250+ on a case puts you into a different market catagory than the Switch. Its not comparing apples to apples anymore.
But if you put the Switch beside others of its cost and calibre it becomes a better comparison.
And I have yet, to Kill any case, of any quality.
My bloody 30 ULTRA X-Blaster is still going strong after 4 builds and 6 years. I dunno what you do to break cases.

I'm not BTW centering you out or anything just so you know

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I don't feel centered out or anything I was just pointing out that for full tower cases I prefer to pay more for solid build quality than pay less and sacrifice quality but that's entirely my own preference. As for what happens to cases for me is that I move a lot still being a student so scratches and other things being dropped or falling onto my case while in transit happens. So I try to avoid front bay doors and flimsy plastic parts. As for the box I can't provide direct proof since I no longer have the box so the best I can do is provide pics from the nzxt website. I do agree that nzxt isn't the only one doing something like this.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.
Old February 15, 2012, 10:54 AM
Manufacturer Rep

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Sorry Silent, but like all things we need to read before buying. You would see that they were specifically made for the NZXT's line of Phantom cases. As for the build quality itself, I cannot comment on. I've never used a Stock NZXT Fan for many reasons.

Their cases have generally been exceptional for a budget (when lined up against others).

I do have an open comment since we now have an NZXT Rep.

The worst thing you can do as a company (and I know its done to boost sales) is make something that requires proprietary parts from NZXT.
The Phantom (original, not the 410) has AMAZING potential. However I will not support it, and I turn most people away from it. Why? Because NZXT made it so only there Fans could go up top. That does not sit well with me.
I have, in personal and client builds used 40+ NZXT cases. I even had my good buddy Linus Dust off an Old Apollo and sell it to me because I liked it that much.

But you cannot do this. No one else does anymore. And its not the first time either, as the same complaint was fielded on your Panzer box (Again, great Case, poor ideals).
It would be nice to sell more fans (if you make them better, take notes from CM).
You would sell more cases if we could put our own stuff inside.
And, window options are a must for any line.
My Point of contention with both NZXT and coolermaster is that for 'Enthusiast' grade cases, only non-windowed versions will not bolster sales...

My thoughts.

Thank you for your time, I have been as many know here a very long time supporter of NZXT.

-ST
I appreciate you for taking the time to comment. I fully and 100% agree with you about the fan issue, however I most insist it was not a clever scheme for extra profits. At the time of the Panzerbox and Phantom development 200mm was still very new and not completely standardized (Xigmatek, NZXT, and a few other companies were using the less common standard. Since those two products we have been completely committed to the industry 200mm standard. All future cases will only use standardized fans unless explicitly stating otherwise.
Old February 15, 2012, 12:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retell View Post
I appreciate you for taking the time to comment. I fully and 100% agree with you about the fan issue, however I most insist it was not a clever scheme for extra profits. At the time of the Panzerbox and Phantom development 200mm was still very new and not completely standardized (Xigmatek, NZXT, and a few other companies were using the less common standard. Since those two products we have been completely committed to the industry 200mm standard. All future cases will only use standardized fans unless explicitly stating otherwise.
Fair enough. I had seen this done in the past and it was purely to sell accessories....but if you say it isn't so then thats fine.

Things like that, irk me. But if you are using the industry standards now I guess I can forgive you

Are there any plans to re-vamp your Fan controller line?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old February 16, 2012, 09:18 PM
Manufacturer Rep

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Fair enough. I had seen this done in the past and it was purely to sell accessories....but if you say it isn't so then thats fine.

Things like that, irk me. But if you are using the industry standards now I guess I can forgive you

Are there any plans to re-vamp your Fan controller line?

-ST
I can't really comment on the future of our products, but I believe you will be happy with our offerings for 2012 On a personal note I have a Sentry Mix and absolutely love it, the simplicity makes for a great experience. :D
Old March 25, 2012, 10:18 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Anyone doing a Switch 810 build? Show us your stuff!
Old March 29, 2012, 03:03 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
yep me
look here
NZXT Switch 810 Rog WaterColled
Old March 29, 2012, 04:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine View Post
Pfff, switch. Send me a Phantom 410 and I'll do a nice build :)

-ST

Old April 3, 2012, 12:06 PM
Rookie

nice case. basic design like the corsair's.

i have a NZXT phantom full tower and i love it . =D
Old April 4, 2012, 07:51 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snef View Post
I really dig it! Though, from a modder's persepective, perhaps sleeve the original PSU cables? That's the only thing I can think of on this build to criticize, otherwise, it is FANTASTIC!