Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2012, 11:05 PM
Manufacturer Rep

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickEnuf4U View Post
Not impressed. Picked one up and not going to be keeping it. Just don't like the overall build quality AT ALL.

Unfortunately the place won't take it back /rage
Hey everyone,

I work for NZXT and am part of the Product Development Team. If you have any questions, comments, or anything, just let me know and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

@SlickEnuf4U, would you be interested in sending me a message detailing your impressions with the Switch? I would love to hear your feedback, good and bad.

-Rob
Old February 7, 2012, 11:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickEnuf4U View Post
Not impressed. Picked one up and not going to be keeping it. Just don't like the overall build quality AT ALL.

Unfortunately the place won't take it back /rage
send me a pm, i would love to take it off your hands to mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retell View Post
Hey everyone,

I work for NZXT and am part of the Product Development Team. If you have any questions, comments, or anything, just let me know and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

@SlickEnuf4U, would you be interested in sending me a message detailing your impressions with the Switch? I would love to hear your feedback, good and bad.

-Rob
and if your with nzxt you should send me one to wrap in carbon fibre.
Old February 8, 2012, 05:17 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I can confirm that Rob is indeed from NZXT.
Old February 8, 2012, 06:51 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill View Post
Dimitry what is the point of dust filters on the top of the case? Do people use the top fans for intake? NZXT Switch 810 Case Review - YouTube

Thank you
Some people may choose to use top for intake! Corsair "watercoolers" for eg, suggest you take in cool air from outside. But also, if the blinds are open, and you power off the system, the dust will settle in. It can be quite frustrating having to close the ventilation every time you shut down your PC.
Old February 8, 2012, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Looks like they did a nice job on the case to me, you can't really complain about build quality when you are buying a case that big for $169 with all those features, they thought of almost everything.
Old February 8, 2012, 09:39 AM
Allstar

Hmm, was thinking of getting one of these but they do look extremly cheap and plasticy. Guess I'm sticking with me good ol' Tj07.
Old February 8, 2012, 11:29 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Dimitry when will we see it in the BST forum? do you ship?
This would be a great case for my 2P 24/7 folding rig. Project “Folder Holder” - Custom Open Air Bench for a 2P 24/7 Folder
Ive been eying this case for a while, read all reviews and watched all videos, normally i dont get this excited over a case.

Nice Work Rob from NZXT. Awesome features for this price point.

I want one, but i know NCIX will have a very limited stock count, and a slightly inflated price tag since its new. So looking at used or possibly manufacturer direct......

Skywalker - Q6600(GO)+P5Q Pro turbo+HD5870+HX750
Hansolo - X4 925+M4A785-M+HD6850+OCZ500W
Chewbacca - Q6600(GO)+P5G41-M+OCZ500W
DEATHSTARMini - Zotac N330 mini ITX

Old February 10, 2012, 04:43 AM
Rookie

Awesome review, I enjoyed it.

It's strange how that case manages to impress and fail to impress at the same time.
Old February 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
Yes sometimes people do use the top as an intake. More or less in a 2011 socket build where the vrm heatsinks are usually at the very top and get better cooling with an intake setup rather than an exhaust set up. Just my 2 cents anyways.

Exactly why I don't like NZXT I mean they couldn't even build a fan right. Bought a "200mm" NZXT fan which actually had 190mm mounting holes and had a blades that would wobble like you wouldn't believe didn't even bother to return it friend said he wanted it anyways so I gave it to him. I'm not really trying to bash NZXT but I've just had bad experiences with their products.
Sorry Silent, but like all things we need to read before buying. You would see that they were specifically made for the NZXT's line of Phantom cases. As for the build quality itself, I cannot comment on. I've never used a Stock NZXT Fan for many reasons.

Their cases have generally been exceptional for a budget (when lined up against others).

I do have an open comment since we now have an NZXT Rep.

The worst thing you can do as a company (and I know its done to boost sales) is make something that requires proprietary parts from NZXT.
The Phantom (original, not the 410) has AMAZING potential. However I will not support it, and I turn most people away from it. Why? Because NZXT made it so only there Fans could go up top. That does not sit well with me.
I have, in personal and client builds used 40+ NZXT cases. I even had my good buddy Linus Dust off an Old Apollo and sell it to me because I liked it that much.

But you cannot do this. No one else does anymore. And its not the first time either, as the same complaint was fielded on your Panzer box (Again, great Case, poor ideals).
It would be nice to sell more fans (if you make them better, take notes from CM).
You would sell more cases if we could put our own stuff inside.
And, window options are a must for any line.
My Point of contention with both NZXT and coolermaster is that for 'Enthusiast' grade cases, only non-windowed versions will not bolster sales...

My thoughts.

Thank you for your time, I have been as many know here a very long time supporter of NZXT.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 10, 2012, 09:14 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well I read the package of the fan and it doesn't indicate "Only compatible with NZXT cases" or at least if it does it's not easily noticeable. I expected to have that kind of information easily visible on the packaging without having to go to a forum and reading it's not compatible with other cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Looks like they did a nice job on the case to me, you can't really complain about build quality when you are buying a case that big for $169 with all those features, they thought of almost everything.
I'd have to disagree with you based on my personal preference. Yes it's a big case with a lot of features but if the build quality isn't up to par what's the point? I'd much rather spend $250+ on case that will last me 5-6 years or more of use rather than much less and have something on the case break in a year and have buy a new case or live with something broken on my case. If you change out cases every year or 2 this obviously won't be a problem.

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DarkDivinityPC

I fold for a cure. Team 213366 and 54196.