Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   How to manage cables in case with no cable compartment? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/51266-how-manage-cables-case-no-cable-compartment.html)

taimoorali007 February 4, 2012 01:30 PM

How to manage cables in case with no cable compartment?

Hi Linus,

In Gaming cases like Corsair has cable management option, but what to do if to manage cables in normal cases like i have.

My case is CM Elite 371 but seriously it has 6 fans in it still no proper air flow and Antec HCG cable are thick and lots of cable clutter :( NO AIRFLOW!

Plz help me for cable management of my case.

Thanks!

enaberif February 4, 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taimoorali007 (Post 598316)
Hi Linus,

In Gaming cases like Corsair has cable management option, but what to do if to manage cables in normal cases like i have.

My case is CM Elite 371 but seriously it has 6 fans in it still no proper air flow and Antec HCG cable are thick and lots of cable clutter :( NO AIRFLOW!

Plz help me for cable management of my case.

Thanks!

modular power supply

sswilson February 4, 2012 01:48 PM

Even without "backside" cable management options on a case, it's always possible to tie them back/down/up to the side/top/bottom of the case. It's actually only been the last 5 years or so that case manufacturers have started paying much attention to cable management options... prior to that it was based solely on the ingenuity of the builder.

Masteroderus February 4, 2012 03:41 PM

A close friend gave me a really good suggestion for cable management; twist ties. Zip ties are great, but you can screw things up when u cut them off if you're careless.

I currently have a vast amount of cables stuffed in a really really old Thermaltake Xaxer 3 lanfire, and I have really good airflow.

Just think; where can i stuff these cables so they don't interfere with airflow, and how can I bundle them up?

Linus February 4, 2012 04:38 PM

lots of good tips in here already. Tying things down nice and tight and bundling multiple cables together always helps. If the cables have to be visible, straight lines and right angles always look better than a bird's nest, so bear that in mind.

taimoorali007 February 5, 2012 11:20 AM

Hmm! thnx

Adzsask February 5, 2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taimoorali007 (Post 598586)
Hmm! thnx

Ya , only thing you can do (I'm in the same situation) is bundle as many together as you can and keep things straight, my case has 15mm of spacing behind the rear panel so basically useless, but hey it was free from gramps so I keep it for nostalgia.

taimoorali007 February 8, 2012 09:57 PM

Thnx :)

Birk February 8, 2012 10:21 PM

Electrical tape on groups of loose wires as well, Molex cables are a good example, its a poor/lazy mans sleeving.

Silent_Avenger February 9, 2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birk (Post 600008)
Electrical tape on groups of loose wires as well, Molex cables are a good example, its a poor/lazy mans sleeving.

I actually find black hockey tape looks a little better it has a fabric texture also if you get some scotch guard to spray on it dust won't stick to it as much. :thumb: