Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Case Choice (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/51081-case-choice.html)

playful1510 January 30, 2012 01:31 AM

Case Choice
Howdy, I have a quick question... I have a Thermaltake Blacx V9 (TBV9) case and it is decent enough... but I am looking at getting a new case that actually has cable management, and I am trying to decide between the Corsair Graphite Series 600T, and the new Antec Three Hundred Two. Now, anyone who has owned a TBV9 knows that it has almost NO cable management aside for a couple of tie-down locations on the mobo tray... I am sick of looking into the case and seeing the rats nest of cables from EVERYTHING, and sick of having to fight with the cables to plug in a simple SATA cable... So if anyone has any advice/opinions/horror stories, I would appreciate hearing them... Thanks :D

supaflyx3 January 30, 2012 01:35 AM

Graphite, corsair always has amazing cable management if that's what you want.

Avenger212 January 30, 2012 01:39 AM

Corsair 600T has good airflow and a different side panel locking system, which makes it easy to open. So I will go with Corsair all the way. If only I had the money I would have gone with a Corsair 800D/700D. But it seems that it will cost me a leg and an arm just to get it.

bigFOIG January 30, 2012 03:13 AM

Definitely recommend the 600t. Have the SE version and I just love it love it love it.

chubaka January 30, 2012 03:16 AM

with cable management and a window mod...simply irresistible

PerryC January 30, 2012 05:54 AM

I don't own either of them, however my choice is the 600T. I have had the oppurtunity to work on an older Antec 300 (I know its not a 302) but it didn't seem to me to be that great for cable management.

Soultribunal January 30, 2012 06:23 AM

600T if you have to.

NZXT Phantom 410 if you want something different,

NSdeadly1 January 30, 2012 07:00 AM

I have the 600t and it is probably one of the best cases out there for cable management. And like chubaka said, it looks awesome with that MNPCTech window mod. I'll be ordering mine soon :)

Dragonstongue January 30, 2012 02:46 PM

I have the Raven 3 and love it, it does take a little longer to get setup properly, and you do need slightly longer sata cables, but the cooling, the room, and the looks to me are all 110% awesomeness :)

another choice maybe, Raidmax Viper, or Corsair carbide 500R, Utgard II, or even one of those new beastly cases from Rosewill.

The only thing I have heard with the 600T and I have 2 buddies that have very pricey rigs in them, they are tough to arrange the fans and such just right to get the cooling power some rigs very much need. I guess this depends on your board, gpus and such, however, my Raven 3 is unlikely to suffer such issues at least air-cooling wise :)

CloudFire January 30, 2012 03:07 PM

I also have the 600T SE, the best case I've ever worked on. If budget is a concern, the 500R is a solid case as well. I was deciding on the Phantom/600T when I was building my current rig, having worked on both, I can say with certainty the 600T is the best for cable management.

My baby <3:

Relocated 2 HDD's and an SSD into the 5.25 drive bays, SSD is velcro-ed on the bottom of my cd-dvd drive:

All 3 are cooled by a single fan set to low:

That's why i fell in love w/this case, just moving parts here and there in intuitive ways frees up the whole bottom case to unrestricted airflow <3