Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

View Poll Results: Which Case Should I Go With?
Corsair Graphite Series 600T 36 75.00%
Antec Three Hundred Two 2 4.17%
Keep Existing Case (and stfu about looks) 7 14.58%
No Opinion 3 6.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2012, 02:26 AM
Rookie

Voted for the 600T
Old February 9, 2012, 05:21 AM
Rookie

Go with the Corsair 600T..
voted for 600T
Old February 9, 2012, 01:09 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Definitely the 600T. If money's a concern drop down to the 500R. Both are amazing cases!
Old February 9, 2012, 04:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Not only does the corsair have superior looks but the functionality is heads above. This is what
I've found with the corsair having built with one previously. I looked around a Antec Three Hundred
Two in store and the feel of quality just isn't the same.
Old February 25, 2012, 07:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I use the level10gt, TT is the best case have had for long time, prior cases lanboy air, hafx, antec1200, and 3x lian-li cases, wife hides the ones not being used through out the house is like easter when trying to find them.
Old March 23, 2012, 07:54 PM
Top Prospect

Hey, I hope the OP doesn't mind me bumping his thread. I noticed this one and this one:

Opinions on Antec Three Hundred Two?

I didn't know which to reply to but I thought they are similar enough to my question so I thought rather than post yet another 'case' thread, I'd reply to one. :-)

The reason I chose this one is the poll which is similar to my considerations.

I wonder if I should just keep my old case (Antec 300 - NO cut-out - so original version) or buy a new one.

But, what can I do with it if I buy a new one? Does anyone buy cheap, used cases? I'd even sell it for $20 or $15 but I wonder whether ppl buy these! :)

I agree with the sentiments here... I can't stand cases with poor cable management. I didn't know it was so lousy when I bought it.

I want to improve my cooling and cable management but I'm buying thermal grease to try this and probably a Corsair H-series cooler. I think that would mean I need to remove my mobo. Right???? So, maybe this is a good time to replace the case?

So, my options are:
1) keep old case - for being cheap
2) Antec 302 - very hesitant to go with Antec again although it's an improvement over the previous versions? $60
3) Corsair Carbide Series - 300R or 400R - $75 - $80
4) some other brand - e.g. Fractal Design?

The Corsair 400R looks like the best price/functionality combo but I need to justify buying a new case. I could also remove my hardware and carve it up with holes for cabling but it's another project. :) There would be some costs to doing so although I can borrow some of the equipment (perhaps). I prefer a new case especially if I could sell the current one for something. But, I'm trying to do this on the cheap so I need convincing. :)

Any advice?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old March 25, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar View Post
Does anyone buy cheap, used cases? I'd even sell it for $20 or $15 but I wonder whether ppl buy these! :)
Yep, this is how I got my Antec 900!
and yes if I were you I would go 400R it also has the perforated bottom for installing the PSU in ideal position, suck cold air from the bottom and venting it out immediately keeping the inside of the case cooler.
Old April 5, 2012, 01:30 PM
Top Prospect

Is there any difference between the black and white Carbide 500R cases?

I think I like the 500R as a replacement for my Antec 300. I'm not sure I need a new case but I think it might improve cooling a bit but the main thing is that it will make it easier to work on my computer. :)

Guaranteed, I'll have to remove my mobo if I switch my air cooler to a H50 or H60, right?

If my cpu temps improve with the washer method and re-applying thermal grease w/ the TRUE, I don't have to remove the heat sink from the cpu OR remove the mobo from the case, right?

I can't decide whether to buy both or just start with an order of thermal grease. I just don't want an extra case but hopefully, I could sell it. I want to build a budget computer in the future so I'd want one of these newer cases anyway but I really don't want to use the Antec 300 again. :)

Any ideas/advice? :-)

P.S. The 600T looks interesting but is rarely found used as it's usually for sale in another city/town. Also, it's not available anymore. The SE version is usually more $$ ($170-ish) so way out of my budget. I'm looking for a $100 or sub-$100 case if I decide to replace the current case I have.

Tags
advice , cases