Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2012, 10:01 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Well due to some quick decisions, looks like I'll have the Cosmos II in my hands tomorrow! We shall know for certain if the SR1 360 fits or not!

If it doesn't, then it shall be sold to my friend that wants it, so basically I get a free trial
Don't suppose you could measure one other thing? What I want to know if it is possible to have fan -> shroud -> radiator at the top somehow. So see if you could stack 2 fans on top of each other and still fit the plastic shrould in place.
Old January 4, 2012, 10:41 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Don't suppose you could measure one other thing? What I want to know if it is possible to have fan -> shroud -> radiator at the top somehow. So see if you could stack 2 fans on top of each other and still fit the plastic shrould in place.
I should be able to manage that for you. From the pictures I got from Dimitry yesterday, I think the answer may be "yes", but I'm not sure what the plastic cover looks like underneath.
Old January 4, 2012, 10:44 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeHobbit View Post
You guys shouldn't forget the Coolermaster ATCS 840. (I have one)
It's bleedin' huge = much larger than my old Armor case.
Aluminum so it's lighter.
Room for tripple rad up top. (although I only had a double installed)
All for around $200.

Doesn't have the cable management the new Cosmos II has though.
And it seems it's NLA
I'd certainly buy one again if needed.

Cosmos II looks like a nice case but I generally fill my cases with stuff and with a starting point of 46 lbs. it would be a real monster.
I've been waiting for years now for CM to revamp and redo the ATCS 840. Incredible feature to price ratio with that case. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

But yea, this case is pretty badass, but a little rich for my blood. Like mentioned earlier in the thread, I can't wait for someone to do one up.
Old February 12, 2012, 10:34 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED View Post
So $400 after shipping?

No local stores are going to carry a case this expensive. I hope the cooling is way better than the HAF X or Silverstone FT02 at this price everything has to be better for me to even consider it. The mess of cables right of the box already pisses me off I expect it to come tidy at that price. The video review did win me over a bit, I like the removeable drive cage and there are quite a few fans. I wonder if this is aimed at watercoolers and if it would be any good with Tri-Fire or Quad-SLI on air cooling.
Wrong Dummy! This case was in stock locally and it was aimed at you cause you bought one.

For the record, the inside was nice and tidy and I'm actually looking forward to the case transfer tonight.
Coolermaster Cosmos II \\ Intel i5 2500K@4.8ghz \\ Gigabyte PA67 UD7\\ MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 SLI \\Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP \\ Seasonic Platinum 1000W \\ X-Fi Titanium HD \\ OCZ Vertez 3 120GB \\ RAID 0 Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA6G 64MB \\ Samsung 27" 3D LED Monitor \\ Logitech G5 \\ Logitech G-15 Keyboard \\ Logitech Z-5500 \\ Sennheiser 595 \\ Windows 7 x64
Old February 14, 2012, 12:26 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED View Post
Wrong Dummy! This case was in stock locally and it was aimed at you cause you bought one.

For the record, the inside was nice and tidy and I'm actually looking forward to the case transfer tonight.
Those systems are putting a lot of weight on that mini desk.

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support
Old February 15, 2012, 07:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

That's a workstation desk I was sure to check the weight capacity it's something like 200lbs per shelf so I knew it would be ok. I did check though, can't take chances

Here's my Cosmos 2 during install and post setup. I had to use my Dining room table to do the MB install it was quite tricky but the rails make moving the case around gently quite easy. I'm quite happy with the fan controller, tossed aside my previous 4 channel controller for this.

The only issue I ran into during the install was the Front Panel Audio connectors won't reach my Gigabyte motherboard as the connector is under the LAN which is pretty much the furthest away you can get. I'll see if cutting some of the built into cable ties gives it any more reach but I doubt it.

Coolermaster Cosmos II \\ Intel i5 2500K@4.8ghz \\ Gigabyte PA67 UD7\\ MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 SLI \\Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP \\ Seasonic Platinum 1000W \\ X-Fi Titanium HD \\ OCZ Vertez 3 120GB \\ RAID 0 Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA6G 64MB \\ Samsung 27" 3D LED Monitor \\ Logitech G5 \\ Logitech G-15 Keyboard \\ Logitech Z-5500 \\ Sennheiser 595 \\ Windows 7 x64

Last edited by OmegaRED; February 15, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old February 20, 2012, 05:33 AM
Trial Member

En la parte superior de la caja se adapta un radiador 3x120? Por las fotos parecen tener agujeros para ella.