Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2012, 11:46 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED View Post
So $400 after shipping?

No local stores are going to carry a case this expensive. I hope the cooling is way better than the HAF X or Silverstone FT02 at this price everything has to be better for me to even consider it. The mess of cables right of the box already pisses me off I expect it to come tidy at that price. The video review did win me over a bit, I like the removeable drive cage and there are quite a few fans. I wonder if this is aimed at watercoolers and if it would be any good with Tri-Fire or Quad-SLI on air cooling.
SRP is $349.99 CADCanada, plus whatever taxes applied.

Since CM has not invented wireless power yet, so we had to use wires to support fan LED on/off as well as fan speed. Our controller supports 9 fans, in 4 seperate channels. This means we need 9 wires for power and the same amount for LED for a total of 18 wires. Since the chassis is so large, we had to have large leads.

As a cool point:the fan wires are not soldered into the PCB so you can remove them if you dont need them, and attach them when you do. The wire connectors are hotglued just so they don't come off on their own in shipping. Maybe someone can help post a picture of the controller and it will explain it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
That said, the size of this case is deceptive in the video, until you see the mobo installed so there might be more room to hide them than it appears. Looking forward to seeing some full watercooling setups with a bunch of fans installed in this thing.

Looks like a great case for watercooling or air, or both. Might be something I would move into at some point as long as the promised rad space is available.
Cosmos II was designed to look smaller than it is. It's harder to compare a curved object to a rectangular object. The feedback of enthusiasts around the world who needed a larger frame was taken into consideration. We are confident that their's no chassis out there comparable in feature or design.

Last edited by CM MR HAF; January 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old January 3, 2012, 06:12 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Beautiful looking case. Sadly, way out of my range, though def. wouldn't turn down a free one.

Curious to see what other goodies CM has coming out as well. Got to say they really started the New Year off very strong with this release.
Old January 3, 2012, 06:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Checking closely on the CM site, I see you have to pass a physical to be able to purchase that case. 50 lbs. can be quite a strain on the back....... (kidding...duh)
Old January 3, 2012, 08:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Holy excessive front panel cables Batman!
Old January 3, 2012, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Removable fan power cable, that's a good idea! I know the 600T from corsair already have that but with 9 cable it was definatly needed XD

@ omegared : How can you compare a case made out of plastic with minimum fonction called Haf-X with a full brushed steel / alu case. High grade material come to a price. Just look at lian-li which are fully made of alu, they are a lot more expensive then their similar sized competition even if they have minimum option.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 3, 2012, 09:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Absolute awesome case, just not in my pricerange.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 3, 2012, 09:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
I've got the same rad. It was hard to tell how fans would fit the top as you mention JD.
Well the top cover comes off and there's a fair bit of space in there. Dimitri says you can do push/pull on a thin radiator, and inside the case there's only ~50mm. That means the additional set of fans can only go under the top cover. I really wish HWC would post static pictures of the case as well, it's hard to see all the minute details with video.

I posted on LegitReviews' forum as well to see if that reviewer would bother with getting more precise measurements. He at least estimated 50mm, but obviously we'd need a bit more space. Perhaps CM MR HAF could chime in too?

Anyways, looks like I'll have to go with either the Caselabs M8 or Muderbox MKII. Both should weigh signifcantly less as well since they're all aluminum.
Old January 3, 2012, 10:03 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Would be nice to get some precise measurements from the top of the inside of the case to the edge of the motherboard so I know if I can fit my SR-1 360 up there or not

I need precision within 1mm though since LR claims "about" 50mm of space, but my radiator is 54mm.

And I assume 25mm fans fit under the top cover without any issue?
I will upload some high res photos with measurements later today! Yes, the 25mm fans fit under the cover without issues. However, the 120mm fan that is closest to the front panel only has two mounting holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
After watching the review it actually sits pretty high up on my list of what case I should use for my upcoming rig. Anyone know what size the fan is for the intake by the HDD bays in the middle front of the case?
The front supports one 200/140mm fan for the top HDD. The 200mm fan has a 140mm fan bracket, so gives that extra option for different sized fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED View Post
So $400 after shipping?

No local stores are going to carry a case this expensive. I hope the cooling is way better than the HAF X or Silverstone FT02 at this price everything has to be better for me to even consider it. The mess of cables right of the box already pisses me off I expect it to come tidy at that price. The video review did win me over a bit, I like the removeable drive cage and there are quite a few fans. I wonder if this is aimed at watercoolers and if it would be any good with Tri-Fire or Quad-SLI on air cooling.
Yes, the cables right out of the box are a bit too many, but CM said the LED cables are removable and thus can minimize cable clutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolab View Post
Wow... so its possible to fit x2 240 rads on the bottom. Interesting...

Wonder if i can fit a 360 rad down there. Seems like there's space... if any.
Actually, you would be able to fit 2x 240 rads at the bottom, with fans in between. Thats an idea. :D But a 360 wont fit, as the PSU platform is too high and wont allow clearance.
Old January 3, 2012, 10:03 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Well the top cover comes off and there's a fair bit of space in there. Dimitri says you can do push/pull on a thin radiator, and inside the case there's only ~50mm. That means the additional set of fans can only go under the top cover. I really wish HWC would post static pictures of the case as well, it's hard to see all the minute details with video.

I posted on LegitReviews' forum as well to see if that reviewer would bother with getting more precise measurements. He at least estimated 50mm, but obviously we'd need a bit more space. Perhaps CM MR HAF could chime in too?

Anyways, looks like I'll have to go with either the Caselabs M8 or Muderbox MKII. Both should weigh signifcantly less as well since they're all aluminum.
I saw that you registered to ask that question over there

Will just have to wait and see how folks manage with it. You might have to put the rad and 3 fans inside the top, and then mount three additional fans on the other side of the rad mounts (so from bottom to top, you would have Fans->case rad mount->rad->fans
Fold for team #54196
Old January 3, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sweet.. they fixed a bunch of things I don't like about the 1st Cosmos. The side panels can be a bit of a pain with the new design however... the old design can be an issue with cable management behind the right side panel. With a hinged setup you'll beable to close and lock it easier. It's a far simpler design with the new case compared to the multi spring setup of the 1st Cosmos.

The harddrive bays on the Cosmos S sucks.. period. It is unworkable and requires you to unhook all the drives to access ONE of the drives. The new setup is amazing... i friggin love it!

I really really like the look of the new case. They have addressed some serious issues with the original and improved by leaps and bounds The only thing I'd like to see is a plexi side panel option... obviously this could be modded later. As soon as I can afford it I'm buying it!!! Not enough can be said for a high quality case.

Another thing that wasn't expounded on is the PSU clip. Of course some of us realize this will free up space with the 1000+ watt psu right? It will give you another couple inches behind the psu for other fun stuff.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.