Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Silverstone Fortress FT02B-W Owners (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/49852-silverstone-fortress-ft02b-w-owners.html)

snatchby December 29, 2011 12:36 PM

Silverstone Fortress FT02B-W Owners

anyone own this case? looking for personal experiences with it and if it is worth the dough.

coleo December 29, 2011 02:46 PM

I have its twin the rv-02-E
other than some minor styling ques and all the sound deadening materials they are the same case.
Great airflow and quiet as hell. had an amd 1100t oc'd to 4 ghz for a while. never seen more than 42 C with a h-50. 6 ft away and i cant hear the fans running so i am sure with the sound materials it will be even quieter. if your worried about the cost step down to the raven 2. same thing less $$

BootlegUsher December 29, 2011 07:55 PM

i have the FT02, it is beautiful and filters dust like a champ. I have a dusty house and my gear still looks like I just installed it. Great cooling. The only problem really was the limited space for the optical drive, make sure you get one as short as possible so it doesn't block mobo slots.

jmassive December 31, 2011 07:10 AM

I love the FT02; I wish there was slightly more space between the side panel and the motherboard so cable management could be a bit better.

Mr. Sneaky January 1, 2012 11:53 AM

i considered getting it but ended up with the fractal case instead. Very shiney though

Sippycup January 18, 2012 10:30 AM

I have the non-window version. It has great air flow and is very quiet. The side panels and inner frame are steel so the case is quite heavy, but if you want a case that's both quiet and has amazing air flow the FT02 is unmatched.

jibz January 18, 2012 12:00 PM

I own a raven02-e, pretty much the exact same case internally. For air flow it's great, especially for multiple gpu setups. Overall an extremely wonderful case. Like stated above it could have used another quarter inch between the mobo tray and back panel so cable management would be so tight.

OmegaRED January 30, 2012 03:52 AM

Have it and it's got a lot of great things but the more I add to it the more I realize I need a bigger case. Once you go Crossfire or Trifire it gets really claustrophobic in there and I can't use my DVD-RW because it is too close to the 2nd video card. The doors barely fit on due to so many cables being squashed in. The dust filters do work wonders but they get clogged up so quickly you have to open up the side door all the time to clean it out it gets to be a chore. I think if I were building a PC from scratch I might go with a Cosmos II for $100 more just to get more room. I don't know if anything beats the FT02's cooling and acoustics combination though.

THS February 10, 2012 02:48 PM

I am considering this case. Is it the BEST out there for cooling ?

THS February 11, 2012 05:23 AM

Just ordered the FT 02B-W of directcanada.

Any idea if it will come with the new air penetrator fans ?