Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not the one with the huge fan

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...facture=Apevia

They're reviewed very well, actually- by hardware sites and by users on newegg

techPowerUp! Review :: Apevia X-Jupiter Jr. G Type :: Page 6 / 6

Apevia X-Jupiter Type G Tower Reviews - OCIA.net

I have never tried this case so maybe there's some serious issues about it as enaberif would suggest by his last post- maybe he could let us know.

Last edited by Babrbarossa; March 11, 2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old March 11, 2008, 10:02 AM
Top Prospect

There the Aspire X-Plorer, sell for 30-40 in my hood
Old March 11, 2008, 12:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Just the Heads-up, I was going to tell buddy that doing the build to hold off on the Raidmax Smilidon and was thinking of going with Tengen TJ09, BUT, just got an email and its built ready for me to pick-up when I get back to Courtenay (off of this ship)...
thanks again though for the advice...
really glad I stumbled onto this site via DC

Cheers
.......and go Canucks!! Vancouver that is :)

Old March 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

PS..cudo to DC...DC_Support has been excellent, not to mention recieved all 9 Major Components within 48 hrs from oreder time to delivery.....think theirs a number of "paranoids" on here giving DC the Bad rap..too bad!

Old March 11, 2008, 01:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The Smilodon looks like a nice case, I haven't seen many with a removable Motherboard tray like that, neat idea, will make the build real easy... The placemen of the latches looks like they make great handles for bringing it to a LAN party too. The only thing I don't like about it is the 80mm fans, but if they aren't noisy then that point is moot.

Update us when you get it, post some pics if you can.

Old March 11, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cool

Absolutely......frustrating as hell right now as I'm here on this Coast Guard ship and my new rig is sitting in buddies store in Courtenay.....1 week to go before I get off!
For sure, I'll let everyone know as thier seems to be some concerns as to what cases a GTX can fit into....now about 8800 GTX SLI...hhhmmmm, I'll probably have to guess not, but you never know.
I'll be curious to see how Crysis runs on this Rig.
I can run Crysis fine on my Rig in my Signature, however, all settings on Low and best with Res at 1024 x 768, although with Low was playable on 1280 x 1024, but I want at least a little "eye candy"

Old March 28, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thumbs up

Everythng fits just fine in the Raidmax Smilidon. Cooling seems to be adequate with the 1 x120 mm Front Intake, 1 x 80mm Side Intake, 1 x 80mm Rear Exhaust and 1 x 80mm Side Exhaust.

Definitley a little louder than my old Riug, but when my Games are running this is a non-issue!

8800 GTX fits fine, although would be a little "tight" with a 2nd HDD and an addtional 8800 GTX in SLI.

Nice touch with the Blue LED's and the Title "Smilidon" on the front door isn't as "obnoxious" as I thought it was going to be!

Cheers

Old April 20, 2008, 06:10 AM
MVP

Talking

If it was me I would opt for an Antec case.
A lot of the "other" cases(I know not all) do not even have large enough openings on the rear for the fan exhaust.
Some follow good practises.
A lot have very small air openings where the fan mounts
You mount a fan behind that, sure it exhausts some, but its noisy to.
And thats why.
Over the years I have had to neatly remake them and install chrome grilles.
So I use Antecs now.
But to each his own.
You can often pickup some pretty good deals on slighly used Antec models as people upgrade to new ones.
Mushkin #997007
Noctua NH-D14
Gigabyte GTX 660
Seasonic X-660
Corsair 540 Cube
Noctua case fans
Intel Speed Demon x 2

using Prime 95 27.9

Old April 23, 2008, 09:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
If it was me I would opt for an Antec case.
A lot of the "other" cases(I know not all) do not even have large enough openings on the rear for the fan exhaust.
Some follow good practises.
A lot have very small air openings where the fan mounts
You mount a fan behind that, sure it exhausts some, but its noisy to.
And thats why.
Over the years I have had to neatly remake them and install chrome grilles.
So I use Antecs now.
But to each his own.
You can often pickup some pretty good deals on slighly used Antec models as people upgrade to new ones.
I agree...

My new case is on the way I decided to go with the Antec P182 performance one. The price was a determining factor I have read many reviews and everyone has been very pleased with the features. I really like the dense side panels used for noise suppression and pretty much every area of the case either has foam strips or silicon groments for anti-vibration of fans and hdds. I am really looking forward to the install I can't wait to rid my case of all those wires and hide them behind the motheboard now that I have proper case to do it with.

Check out direct canada there's a wide selection and if you're lucky shipping is only $9.99 Purolator ground.

EE