Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Advice on suitable case for my needs? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/49735-advice-suitable-case-my-needs.html)

Tomha December 25, 2011 03:09 AM

Advice on suitable case for my needs?

So originally I was looking at a Corsair Obsidian 650D, but it is quite costly, so I was wondering if there was a better alternative out there for a lower price. Can anyone suggest a decent case that fits at least most of these requirements of mine?

-Room for CPU cooler radiator, single 120mm radiator is fine, but double 120mm would be most ideal.
-6 hard drive bays
-Window on the side
-2-3 external 5.25" bays
-mid tower (preferably not too large, I do take my computer places so a small case is best)
-Toolless would be awesome, but unlikely for a lower cost case
-Relatively regular shape with smooth sleek kind of finish would be nice, no NZXT Phantom type cases please
-Budget: $150 US is pushing it, the lower the better

Thanks a lot for any suggestions :)

bonanza2000 December 25, 2011 03:47 AM

I have been happy with the Cooler Master Cases I have used. I really like the HAF series. The 932 might be what you are looking for. They are maybe more than you want to spend but think of it as something you will reuse when you upgrade. Do it right now and have no regrets later.

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Computer Cases, Computer Cases, Cooler Master

KaptCrunch December 25, 2011 04:19 AM

dokker like the hot swap HDD on top

Tomha December 25, 2011 12:17 PM

The HAF series look pretty good, although I'm not 100% on the look of them, and so many people tend to get HAFs, id like to be a bit original. Also, can you give me a direct link to the 932? I couldn't find it on their site.

The dokker looks interesting, but perhaps a little cramped inside, its a little on the small size. It is however a nice looking case.

KaptCrunch December 25, 2011 02:22 PM

link 932

zsamz_ December 25, 2011 04:46 PM

i have 2 haf932s n i love em
they not girly:thumb:

The Great ImageFap Troll December 25, 2011 05:33 PM

I always had a full tower, and my rig as a haf x, and they though things through and it is quality built. I cant say much about other coolermaster cases other than good quality and design cases, judging by other coolermaster cases

Tomha December 26, 2011 12:34 AM

It does have most of the features I want, however it doesn't look very sleek, its very "grilly" (covered in grills), which is something I would really like, as one of the main reasons for me getting a new case is looks. My current case holds everything well, but its a bit small and not very different and/or cool looking, so to speak.

Tomha December 27, 2011 03:34 PM

The Bitfenix Shenobi has caught my attention, it looks very nice. Does anyone know how well it can fit a dual 120mm radiator?

bonanza2000 December 27, 2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomha (Post 583200)
The HAF series look pretty good, although I'm not 100% on the look of them, and so many people tend to get HAFs, id like to be a bit original. Also, can you give me a direct link to the 932? I couldn't find it on their site.

The dokker looks interesting, but perhaps a little cramped inside, its a little on the small size. It is however a nice looking case.

if you want to be original - paint it with color shift paint from the hardware store
Tower pictures by bonanza2000 - Photobucket

Blue one for $159
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition RC-932-KKN3-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0, Black Interior and Four Blue LED Fans-1x 230mm front fan, 1x 230mm top fan, 1x 230mm side fan, and 1x 140mm rear fan

Red one for $139 after rebate
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0, Black Interior and Four Fans-1x 230mm front RED LED fan, 1x 140mm rear fan, 1x 230mm top fan, and 1x 230mm side fan