Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2011, 11:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

IMO, HAF-X's window looks 10x better than the one on HAF932.
Secondly, HAF-X has black-painted interior, which looks 10x better than the old school silver.
HAF-X also has some features that HAF932 does not have, like the GPU ducts and an extra 230mm fan on top.
Old December 28, 2011, 02:24 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yes, but we need to keep in mind I'm on a tight budget here, the HAF-X is $330 here, at its cheapest, my cap is about $200, absolute max, which leaves no budget for modding. That is why I am liking the look of the Bitfenix Shinobi, at roughly $120, tooless, window, cable management, spacious enough, sleek looking, nice fan layout for my likings, black interior, its ideal, and then leaves $80 for paints and parts for a little modding. I think its what I am going to go with, unless anyone has a horror story or two to share about it, but all the reviews I have read have been very positive.
Old December 28, 2011, 07:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomha View Post
Yes, but we need to keep in mind I'm on a tight budget here, the HAF-X is $330 here, at its cheapest, my cap is about $200, absolute max, which leaves no budget for modding. That is why I am liking the look of the Bitfenix Shinobi, at roughly $120, tooless, window, cable management, spacious enough, sleek looking, nice fan layout for my likings, black interior, its ideal, and then leaves $80 for paints and parts for a little modding. I think its what I am going to go with, unless anyone has a horror story or two to share about it, but all the reviews I have read have been very positive.
HAF 932 is a great case, my friend bought one and we just took the side panel to speedy auto glass and replaced the window with a lexan one with holes to mount 4X 120mm GT fans, the airflow is unreal after the side panel mod, dropped his CF 6970's temps over 12C load.
Old December 28, 2011, 01:45 PM
Manufacturer Rep

dual 120mm radiators won't fit. (They will, but you wont' be able to mount fans on it)
NCIX FORUMS - **H100 will not fit this case** - Bitfenix Shinobi ATX Mid Tower Case Blac...
Old December 28, 2011, 02:22 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I dont disagree that the HAF series are pretty awesome, however for my budget, I think the Shinobi would be more ideal, still not quite decided though.

I think I will go for a h60 cooler instead, I did some research and the price/performance ratio if you include the extra cost I would need for a nice case that can fit something like a h100, is far better for the h60, I'm not going to perform extreme overclocks, at most I would OC my 2600k to somewhere in the region of 4ghz, a 600mhz OC which I would hardly call extreme. That said though Im more likely to leave it at stock speeds, or perform a rather minimal OC, like from 3.6 to 3.8.

What I am going to start by doing is waiting for shops to reopen after new years, and find a place with a Shinobi I can go look at in person.