Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20, 2011, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Looking at this cheap case for my folder

Well I am starting to realize that my lack of skills at modding is forcing me to go out and buy a new ( cheap) case. because as it is right now I took an old case ( from my anchient pentium 4) and had to cut all of the hard driveSlots in the lower part of the tower so that my KGPE-D16 Dual Socket would fit inside with a 285gtx . I left the top three 5.25 slots in the top of the case and mounted four hard drives ( two screws holding each in) but when my other CPU gets install I am not going to have any more room for the hard drive.
This morning I looked around at a few sites and seen this
for 59.99 free shipping

Roswell rsv4000 4U Newegg.ca - Rosewill RSV-R4000 Black 1.0mm SECC, 4U Rackmount Server Chassis 8 Internal Bays, 4 Included Cooling Fans
I am just wondering if this will be able to hold my four hard drives and my 285gtx card ?
The only reason I am looking at this case is becasue of the price and it is the only cheap case that I could find that will beable to mount my motherboard and the two NH-U9DO A3s, plus my graphics card ( 285GTX for now until I find a cheap half decent cool low powered card)
Old December 20, 2011, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

In theory it should work. I'm on my phone right now so I can't look at the detailed specs, but from the picture it looks like you wouldn't get great airflow.
Old December 20, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well that would be a problem since I am very sure that my folding temp of 44C on a single cpu and no side cover on this case ( or any fans at all) the temperatures will rise a fair amount .
Old December 20, 2011, 12:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

From looking at the dimensions of the case, heatsink & video card, it seems it'll all fit nicely. But again cooling would be an issue with 2 CPUs and the GTX285. It'll work, but it'll run hot.
Old December 21, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That is what I thought what do you think would heat up inside the case more the two cpus, or the video card?
Old December 21, 2011, 11:41 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

cut and mount a 230mm fan on the top of that beast and you'll be rockin. you can get a cut template online i think.