Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2011, 07:07 AM
Rookie

Not all that interested in looks.
Old December 18, 2011, 07:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

How about the updated cooling features, cable management and aesthetics of the Corsair 500R Case over the Haf 932. I would personally choose the Corsair 500R if I am on that positions based on those following components.
Old December 18, 2011, 08:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

922 is a major dust magnet...................
Old December 18, 2011, 09:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger212 View Post
How about the updated cooling features, cable management and aesthetics of the Corsair 500R Case over the Haf 932. I would personally choose the Corsair 500R if I am on that positions based on those following components.
Truth.

I rewatched the HardwareCanucks video review and it seems to do everything right.
Taking out the dust filter on this 922 isn't fun. It's not hard, but certainly isn't fun either.

Could anyone comment on how well it dampens sound?
With all those fans that come with it and all those fan mounts, I would assume one could get away with rather low fan speeds.
Old December 18, 2011, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezern View Post
It would be nice if the Corsair fanbois could take a second to write up why the 500R(?) is such a no-brainer over the HAF 922.
Sorry I'm not a review writer. I like corsair products. They are good quality. Half price WOW. Easy buy NO BRAINER. Simple as that. USE GOOGLE if you want a review.

Plus the whole COoler Master series of cases look like crap and are cheap as hell IMO. Silver inside for a cost upwards of $100. TROLOLOLOL. <<
Old December 18, 2011, 03:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

HAF X, I own one, I love it. Inside is black, so not the WHOLE series has silver interior which I hate. I had 3x HAF922 before this HAF-X, I have to say HAF-X is much better in build quality, looks and cooling. If you somehow think HAF922 and HAFX is the same in quality/performance, that's like saying a BMW 3series is the same as BMW 7series.

Never had a 500R, planning to get one and compare soon. The white one looks nice, but it doesn't look like it can cool as well as the HAF-X. 500R just came out recently, maybe a few months old. My HAF-X has been used for a year and I bought it locally for $80 BNIB on CL so it was well worth it for me.

Had a 600T and it was a P.O.S, it had horrible cooling even with extra fans stacked on to it. The GPU was literally 10C higher on average, and can get worse in furmark.