Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2008, 10:30 PM
Top Prospect

Default Opinions on Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570

Just wondering what you guys think of the aforementioned case. I am looking to start a new build with water cooling and this seems to be a good-sized mid-tower, thats light and has room for an internal rad, though I may just stick it against the back fans being that there are two.

If you have any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them, just keep in mind I don't want to spend a ton of money and full-sized cases are just too big for me.
Old March 6, 2008, 10:15 AM
Allstar
F@H

Hehe, the Aurora is a beast, the thing has tons of room to work with, though you have to get slightly creative with cable management. As for fitting a rad, it depends on what size, 2x120 you should be able to manage to stick in the thing, but a 3x120 would never fit in the thing without modding.

Though she's a fine case, I do have a few problems with it, for one, I HATE the tool less approach, maybe it's just me, but god, give me my damn screws back. Also, I'm not sure if it was the case of the PSU, but it was a fight to the death to try and fit my Quattro 850 in there, had to do tons of pushing to get it to line up with the holes.

Personally, I think it's a pretty nice case, as for saying that, we actually have a review right here on the site Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 Case Review
Old March 6, 2008, 11:56 AM
Top Prospect

Hmm... It looks like I would have to replace the fans, and they can't really be reused, which is gay. Would probably cut a fan hole into the window, and maby another one on top. Can you remove the hdd cage without mutilating it? And how much space is there beneath the case? Is there enough to allow a bottom intake fan?
Old March 6, 2008, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
I HATE the tool less approach, maybe it's just me, but god, give me my damn screws back.
amen
Old March 6, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't had any issues so far with this case, I havn't got any water colling ..Yet because I am waiting for my videocard once I get that I will fire up this baby and break here in lol then I will get into watercooling.