Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Daddy needs a new case (or Somebody please stop me... ;) ) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/49039-daddy-needs-new-case-somebody-please-stop-me.html)

sswilson December 3, 2011 08:55 AM

Daddy needs a new case (or Somebody please stop me... ;) )

Ok, here's the deal..... daddy needs a new case. My current main rig case (Cosmos S) is over 4 yrs old, and the non-physical magic touch power switch is starting to act funky again....

Currently looking at the TT Lvl 10 GT (NCIX.com - Buy Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black E-ATX Modular Tower Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS Front USB3.0 - Thermaltake - VN10001W2N - in Canada ), and need somebody to explain why I shouldn't pick one up.....

Requirements are:
  • Unique
  • WC compatible out of the box
  • Full size
  • $250 - $300
  • Decent cooling
  • Decent Cable Management
Nice to have: (not even sure if the Lvl 10 GT has these yet... ;) )

• USB 3.0 front panel connection(s)
    • Esata front panel connections
    • Easy access fan filters
    • Side fan for extra GPU cooling
    • Side Window
    • Choice for Upper or Lower PSU mount
    • Aluminum construction
Anywise... as it stands, I'm mostly sold on the TT, but am more than willing to entertain suggestions that I may not have considered, or conversely, revisit my choice if somebody has a good reason why I shouldn't pick it.

Arinoth December 3, 2011 09:02 AM

It sounds like the perfect case for you

mattlef December 3, 2011 09:03 AM

I hear a rumor that the Cosmos II might be announced soon....
so i might want to hold off, if you can, until after xmas to get a new case....

sswilson December 3, 2011 11:46 AM

Hrmmmm.... maybe a return to my lian-li roots with a bit of bling thrown in? (or does the word bling not belong in the same sentence as Lian-Li?)

NCIX.com - Buy Lian Li PC-P50R BLACK/RED Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Case 9X5.25 3X3.5INT No PS USB Audio Dragon Window - LIAN-LI - PC-P50R - in Canada

yycraven December 3, 2011 12:27 PM

Was wondering if you like this case here sswilson

NZXT Tempest 410 Elite Gaming Computer Case Unboxing & First Look Linus Tech Tips - YouTube

sswilson December 3, 2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yycraven (Post 575818)

Nothing really wrong with it, but it reminds me too much of the standard haf / corsair boxes we've seen so many of. If I'm going to go with a standard box I'll probably try to find a lian li to fit the bill.

edit: Hrmmmm....... NCIX.com - Buy Antec Lanboy Air Modular High Airflow Mid Tower Gaming Case ATX 2X2.5 6X3.5 3X5.25 USB3.0 Blue No PS - Antec - 0761345150040 - in Canada I guess that would qualify as "unique"..... ;)

ilya December 3, 2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 575824)

That case actually looks quite good in person, problem is it's a nightmare to do any sort of WC in. (clearance issues all over the place)

Perineum December 3, 2011 02:25 PM

The TT Level 10 is huge. The Memory Express here in Richmond has it on display. It's nicer in person than in the pictures, imho.

sswilson December 3, 2011 02:29 PM

Yeah, but is it a straight level 10 or is it the slightly smaller cousin the level 10 GT?

As much as I'd love to, I can't justify forking out damn near 7 bills for the real thing.... ;)

Perineum December 3, 2011 02:39 PM

After looking at pictures I can't be positive. They look too similar for me to be able to say for sure.