Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2011, 08:17 PM
Manufacturer Rep

BitFenix Raider Midi-Tower + Spectre Pro LED - Caseking TV - YouTube
What do you think so far?
I'll update you guys in the next day or two with full specs. :)
Old November 16, 2011, 08:31 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Mid towers are nice and all (and I will be picking a one up in a month or two for a special build I have in mind) but Im sure many are asking the same question "what do you have in the pipeline that will support XL-ATX?".

Personally Im planing a GB UD7 x79 build (with dual or maybe triple 580s) and my HAF-X is getting "old". I like the looks of your other cases but can not seem to find any on the larger end of the spectrum. Big guys need love too! :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 16, 2011, 10:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

That looks awesome. Is there an ETA/store that carries it in Canada?
Old November 16, 2011, 11:48 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Mid towers are nice and all (and I will be picking a one up in a month or two for a special build I have in mind) but Im sure many are asking the same question "what do you have in the pipeline that will support XL-ATX?".

Personally Im planing a GB UD7 x79 build (with dual or maybe triple 580s) and my HAF-X is getting "old". I like the looks of your other cases but can not seem to find any on the larger end of the spectrum. Big guys need love too! :P
Keep an eye out in January. We're booked for November and December for releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphikratous View Post
That looks awesome. Is there an ETA/store that carries it in Canada?
NCIX, unfortunately, hasn't ordered them, so none for now from them. *hint* if you want em, bug em
Canada Computers on the other hand, should get em by next week.
Reviews should be up shortly. I believe Tom's Hardware is doing one.
Old November 17, 2011, 12:50 AM
Manufacturer Rep

A UK retailer already has them listed, so why not. Here they are:
120mm
56.22 CFM ±10%
Static Pressure1.24 mmH2O
Noise18.9 dBA
Speed1200 RPM ±10%
Connector Type-3 Pin
Open or Closed CornersOpen
Bearing TypeFluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB)

140mm
86.73 CFM ±10%
Static Pressure1.38 mmH2O
22.8 dBA
1200 RPM ±10%
Connector Type-3 Pin
Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB)

200mm
148.72 CFM ±10%
Static Pressure1.26 mmH2O
27.5 dBA
900 RPM ±10%
Connector Type-3 Pin

230mm
156.27 CFM ±10%
Static Pressure1.81 mmH2O
25.6 dBA
900 RPM ±10%
Connector Type-3 Pin

Features:
High Pressure/CFM Design
Dual Ring Construction
Reinforced Fan Blades
Focused Airflow
Silent Operation and Long Life
LED and Non-LED Versions
On-the-Fly Light Switching -Push-button convenience with BitFenix Survivor and compatible accessories

BitFenix Spectre Pro Official Trailer - YouTube
Be Invincible

Last edited by xbournex; November 17, 2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old November 17, 2011, 08:59 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Holy scheiss! That is some NICE static pressure numbers on the 230mm fan. If I do decide to keep my haf-x...I will certainly be digging up the schematics on it to see if it will fit as it will really help improve the air flow of the case!

And you have perked my attention with regards to an xl-atx case. Will be keeping an eye out for it. Thanks.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 17, 2011, 10:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Canadacomputers is just perfect for my needs! I live just a few clicks away from one of their stores.

And those fans look very nice indeed. Might be picking up a couple of them as well.
Old November 17, 2011, 11:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Gotta say, I do like the CFM numbers for the bigger size fans.
You have almost 40CFM on coolermasters similar sized units. Though your 120 and 140mm are probably more for quiet operation than performance given that other fans punch over 3.02mmH20. Not that that is a bad thing btw, everyone knows I'm a fan fanatic, so I'll play devils advocate often.

I am going to be buying them to test regardless but I am very willing to replace my larger 200mm setups with yours to see if there is a net performance improvement.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 21, 2011, 08:44 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Er.. I wouldn't know where to post this, so I guess here.
We're giving away 3 Sprectre Pro's of your choice.
Here's how:

1. Visit Facebook.com
2. Search "BitFenix" and "Like" their page.
3 Go here: Here's the official... | Facebook

Contest CLOSED! But it doesn't mean you can't like the page for future contests :P

Last edited by xbournex; November 28, 2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old November 22, 2011, 05:07 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Officially Liked. There is a contest section, or maybe the hot deals section. Might get more exposure in one of those forums. :)
Fold for team #54196