Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Got my prodigy case painting time:)
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

Last edited by Soullessone21; August 1, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old July 31, 2012, 08:29 PM
Manufacturer Rep

Pics?

Last edited by xbournex; August 1, 2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old September 6, 2012, 09:34 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Not that I mind getting out my Dremel, I have one gripe about the Prodigy.

My power supply is within the 160mm length restriction and I know the plate directly in front of the PSU has holes for mounting 2.5" drives.

However, because it is completely modular I has no chance at all of getting my cables plugged in, let alone routed to the pass through holes on the sides or top of the motherboard plate.

Why not make two holes within the confines of the 2.5" drive mounts (similar to the ones on either side of the mounting holes) to make more options possible.

It's a great case as is with excellent quality and bang for your buck but it frustrated me when it's touted as the most flexible mini-itx case ever and my PSU won't work without modification.
Old September 6, 2012, 11:09 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post
We got complaints about AX 850/750/650 not fitting. Fine. We bought one ourselves.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mpdc3obsqg11gcl/tD3m6m-dFJ
And end-user with a AX 650 -
BitFenix.com » Forums » Gaming Rig Showcase

AX Series fit. That being said, 160mm fully modular, semi modular, and non-modular PSU's will fit.

Any thoughts Xbournex on the above posters problem?
I know a few who use both the SS Strider and other such supplies so it would be interesting to note if there are issues or not.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 6, 2012, 02:57 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

After looking at the pictures of the AX series, I see part of the issue:

The female ports on the Strider stick out from the PSU ~4mm, thus the wires have that much less space to bend upwards/sideways.
Old October 9, 2012, 09:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe it is just me, maybe its just because of the unbelievable string of bad luck I've had (though that is changing) but I've been waiting a while now for what should be a very cut and dry support issue on my case.

What I hate the most, is when I provide all the info. And then there is a black hole of zero response or even an acknowledgement of providing what was requested.

Hopefully Bitfenix gets back to me soon.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 10, 2012, 08:27 AM
Allstar

Taken from the post by the guy who built the system...

"The AX650 fits... just. I had to run my PCI-E cables out the right side to do it, and then mount the bracket to the back of the PSU prior to pushing it in. Then I had to force it in, and tighten the 4 screws bit by bit to inch it in. The bracket is bowed out about 1mm on the top after this.

On the plus side though, the gap between the PSU and the back of the case is a great place to store excess cable length.

Getting the video card in wasn't an issue, connecting the power cables was a colossal pain though :S "

So saying it fits is a bit misleading as he bowed the bracket doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Any thoughts Xbournex on the above posters problem?
I know a few who use both the SS Strider and other such supplies so it would be interesting to note if there are issues or not.

-ST

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old October 12, 2012, 11:59 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
Taken from the post by the guy who built the system...

"The AX650 fits... just. I had to run my PCI-E cables out the right side to do it, and then mount the bracket to the back of the PSU prior to pushing it in. Then I had to force it in, and tighten the 4 screws bit by bit to inch it in. The bracket is bowed out about 1mm on the top after this.

On the plus side though, the gap between the PSU and the back of the case is a great place to store excess cable length.

Getting the video card in wasn't an issue, connecting the power cables was a colossal pain though :S "

So saying it fits is a bit misleading as he bowed the bracket doing it.
Disagreed. Depending on where you place the modular cable, the bending will not occur. We have multiple 160mm PSU's in the office and none have this bowing issue.
Old October 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

I wish BitFenix would make a nice little cube mATX case like the SG09 or Node 304
Old October 12, 2012, 04:16 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I just wish they would make the Prodigy mATX capable...and come out with the frickin PSU bracket they have been promising since its release....using smaller form factor PSUs in such sweet case is a royal PITA.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr