Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Do you need to install the software if I just want to use the touch panel? For $5 more the Recon is the winner here for sure. I don't know if I would pay $35 for the Hydro Pro when the recon is only $5 more. I need to see this thing in person though, sometimes touch screen can be a blessing as much as a total PITA...I refer you to my Razer keyboard......
Also, is there a way to turn off the display but keep the controller working? Curious for sleepy time ;)

Last edited by ExpendableG4M3R; May 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post
A couple of you guys have been wondering when we'll be releasing the fan controllers, ever since we've shown them to you guys at Computex last year. Well, the wait is over.

First up, Hydra Pro.
Some of you might have remembered our Original Hydra. It's PCI form wasn't very accessible, but it could control up to 9 LED lights, with a nob.
Since then, we've reworked it into a 5 channel fan (30 watts each) controller. Strategically placed on your optical bay drives, you now have easy access to those lights when you're about to go sleep.

Next, our recon. A 5 channel fan touch screen fan controller with internet connectivity! Use your smart phone, tablet, or laptop to easily control your fans on the go with presents. Everything on that screen, is touchable!

Each to its own unique design, yet easily approachable to fit in any chassis, they're aggressively priced at $39 and $34.90 respectively. Both fan controllers have our SofTouch treatment on the bezel.

Both are available at Performance PC's (If you're in the US), Canada Computers and NCIX.

For more information, check out
BitFenix.com Products Accessories Hydra Pro

BitFenix.com Products Accessories Recon
Press release:
BitFenix.com News BitFenix Launches Recon and Hydra Pro
We'll be giving away 5 on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bitfenix
Hmm paln for Recon has changed it was not supposed to power up 6 fan and get 30w par chanel ?
BitFenix go electronic with fan controller that works on your smartphone - YouTube
and for now i already orderd one on ncix and payed 49$ not 39$ !!!
Old May 17, 2012, 02:59 PM
F@H

My System Specs

NCIX USA or NCIX Canada for ordering one? I can't find it on there website, and I don't think its for lack of trying.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

to order from NCIX canada this is the link
NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Online PC Discount Store, Buy Computer Accessories
and for US:
Bitfenix Recon 5 Channel 10W Fan Controller with Mobile Device Control Products Model: RECON [RECON] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Last edited by medwes; May 17, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 03:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Found the recon here: Bitfenix Recon Touch Screen Six Channel Fan Controller W/ iPhone and Smartphone Control Capability - BitFenix - BFA-RCN-KS-RP
Old May 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks guys, search fail for me. I guess because its not 'Live' yet.
I ordered my P67 board before it was even listed on NCIX the same way but that was because I knew the PN.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 17, 2012, 03:20 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i ordered mine on ncix canada last week it was backorder :)
Old June 4, 2012, 02:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

HWC is back up, ya!

I bought a Shinobi core at Memory Express last week for $49.99. Great deal for that price. It wasn't the easiest to work in but its b/c its a small case and I am use to a Antec 1200 with gobs of room.
Though I am starting to think I shouldve got the windowed version so I could put a fan on the side as an exhaust because heat is becoming an issue. My cpu idles at 34*C with a CM Hyper 212 Evo. I have 3 fans in it now, just Spectre's though 1 intake, 2 exhaust. One thing I love so far is how quiet it is. I might upgrade to Spectre PRO LED fans later and do 2 front intake and 2 exhaust.
Old June 13, 2012, 08:35 PM
Rookie

anyone do a diy window mode on the $49 one?
i don't like the manufacturer window very much
Old June 14, 2012, 05:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I was going to but figured I think I got lazy and didnt bother. I was going to order a window kit from FrozenCPU that was just a 12x12 but after the shipping pickup fee and crossing the boarder... just didn't feel like it. It wouldve cost roughly $28 bucks to do the window.