Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 16, 2012, 12:13 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Yeah,
All the Shinobis and the Shinobi XLs comes with this:
BitFenix.com Products Accessories 5.25" Drive Bay Adapter
You could place 1x3.5" into the 5.25" bays, leaving you with 2 more Optical Bays.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:35 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Right, I saw that but can you switch the face plate on it? My idea was to put the dvd in the top bay and then the HDD in the next one but hidden and not have that hole in the front.
Old May 16, 2012, 01:37 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpendableG4M3R View Post
Right, I saw that but can you switch the face plate on it? My idea was to put the dvd in the top bay and then the HDD in the next one but hidden and not have that hole in the front.

Like this. Then you place the front panel back on with the covers still in tact, and you'll only see the front panel cover.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The 5.25 Bay adapter is the main reason I buy Bitfenix Product its just a cheap piece of plastic but it makes your build far cleaner and look much nicer. Such as the rush server build I made last night.

Air flow is greatly improved and the system runs near silent when the 250gts is not cracking away folding.

I always pop off the front of the bay adapters and physically bolt them in though, as it removes all vibration from the case
Old May 16, 2012, 12:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just slapped together a budget build for my best friends mom, used the bitfenix merc beta, easily the best sub $100 case I have ever worked with, and it was $35!
I was looking at Inwin's mid tower offerings for myself, but after spending 45 minutes inside of a bifenix, I want more :)
Old May 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
Manufacturer Rep

A couple of you guys have been wondering when we'll be releasing the fan controllers, ever since we've shown them to you guys at Computex last year. Well, the wait is over.

First up, Hydra Pro.
Some of you might have remembered our Original Hydra. It's PCI form wasn't very accessible, but it could control up to 9 LED lights, with a nob.
Since then, we've reworked it into a 5 channel fan (30 watts each) controller. Strategically placed on your optical bay drives, you now have easy access to those lights when you're about to go sleep.

Next, our recon. A 5 channel fan touch screen fan controller with internet connectivity! Use your smart phone, tablet, or laptop to easily control your fans on the go with presents. Everything on that screen, is touchable!

Each to its own unique design, yet easily approachable to fit in any chassis, they're aggressively priced at $39 and $34.90 respectively. Both fan controllers have our SofTouch treatment on the bezel.

Both are available at Performance PC's (If you're in the US), Canada Computers and NCIX.

For more information, check out
BitFenix.com Products Accessories Hydra Pro

BitFenix.com Products Accessories Recon
Press release:
BitFenix.com News BitFenix Launches Recon and Hydra Pro
We'll be giving away 5 on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bitfenix

Last edited by xbournex; May 17, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The Hydra looks like a suitable replacement for the Sentry Mesh that just lost two of its channels for some reason....and I have 5 spectre led fans in that case.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old May 17, 2012, 09:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh those are sexy....minus the fact now that my Colossus is white

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 17, 2012, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hey you requested white :P and Think I had to talk the wife into letting me pick up a Recon for my new tower :D that would sure go well with my Shinobi XL
Old May 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Hey you requested white :P and Think I had to talk the wife into letting me pick up a Recon for my new tower :D that would sure go well with my Shinobi XL
Oh I know and its beautiful :)
Its just ironic that something like this gets launched and all I have is white now.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com