Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its funny...but I am the exact opposite. Give me a LARGE case with NO 3.5" internal drive bays...and ALL 5.25" external drive bays! I prefer 4in3 bay adapters for my 3.5" drives as 1)they dampen vibrations a LOT better than stock 3.5 bays 2) they are mounted in the right direction and dont screw up internal airflow (loathe this 90° fad for the hdd mounting orientation) 3) allow me to EASILY add additional 120mm fans to the front 4) allow me to choose how many drive bays will be used for 3.5 and 5.25 devices....and give me TEN of them....so I can use THREE 4in3 adapters for 12 hdds and still have room for 5.25 ODD on top....if I am wishing for the perfect mega case...add in support for a couple 2.5" ssds to be mounted somewhere inside that doesnt block the 5.25 bays, fan locations, psu or long GPUs....and give me XL-ATX support....and native USB 3.0 support (SIX o EIGHT ports...not two and forget the USB 2.0 ports) on the TOP not the front of the case....and a fan controller which can handle a LOT of wattage built in....and a removeable mobo tray...and dual big boy fans on the top with a fascia that isnt ugly nor increases the static pressure requirements of the fans...AND externally removable fan filters INCLUDING one for the PSU that isnt a PITA to reinstall.

As for windows...meh. I rather a good solid side panel with room for FOUR 120mm fans on the side....and make the pannel THICK - none of this pot metal crap - with a GOOD lockup mechanism so there is no vibrations from USING all four 120mm side ports.

Basically an "old school" CM Stacker updated with some nice perks....and all the things that sucked on it 'fixed'. Now THAT is the case I want to see. Build THAT case and I would buy it even it was 3 bills.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hey Xborunex will Bitfenix be at the NCIX tech fair?
I am guilty of posting about Bitfenix cases on NCIX too, hehe. What can I say though, I really like what your company is doing, great products all around. I say you guys need to run a contest where the winner gets to design a case for you guys (with help form the product team) how cool would that be? I know I would somehow rig it so I won haha.
Also, I really like that Bitfenix has been making itself very visible in the communities giving us a personal connection, at least me a feeling that the company is here for us for advice, help and listening to feedback, I really like that.

Keep it up Xbournex/Bitfenix

PS - Are you sure your product manager knows people want grill free windows

Cheers,
Old May 12, 2012, 01:17 AM
Manufacturer Rep

BitFenix won't be at the tech fair... We're still quite a small team with me being the only one on North American soil.

However, since I do live on this coast, I will be there on Sunday just to walk around, meet up with other people, and to just have a good time. I won't have a BitFenix shirt on, so i'll be pretty much be blended with the crowd. Unless... you know.. Stephen Fung decides to shout really loud...
Old May 12, 2012, 02:13 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Oh thats too bad you can't be there for the company, I would like to see some of these cases in person. I've only read reviews and seen video reviews of the products. Darn... i guess theres no exclusive booth deal then for Bitfenix products!!!

Well now when I go on Sunday I will be thinking to myself now, "Is that Xborunex...was that Xbournex, hes here but undercover" ... ok that kinda sounds creeperish, totally not meant to.

PS - Still waiting for that Shinobi Windows 2.0 ;)
Old May 12, 2012, 02:29 AM
Manufacturer Rep

If you guys decide to go to LANCouver 2012, I could get a Shinobi XL set up in there for you guys. Probably give it away too.
I still have to confirm the prize pots with the organizers, but although we won't be there in person, our presence will still be there.

I do know, is that if you pre-order tickets, you could win BitFenix prizes once they reach a certain sale number.

LANCouver is gonna be big this year. Much bigger than last year. The Richmond Oval is gonna be epic for this occasion.
More info: LANcouver 2012 - Presented by ASUS
Old May 12, 2012, 03:22 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I love the bitfenix sleeved cables (best extension cable on the market) but i was disappointed about the usb3 internal 19pin to 2x usb3, it is very flimsy worked only a week and when i pulled it from my gigabite x79ud5 to pu it in my Rampage formula the blue 19pin section stayed in the motherboard !!!! Do bitfenix have any RMA in Canada ?

I want to know something do you have any information about the Bitfenix Recon Touch Screen Six Channel Fan Controller I cannot find any photo or spec, the only thing that i found is one youtube video before the release!!
Old May 12, 2012, 10:23 AM
Manufacturer Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwes View Post
I love the bitfenix sleeved cables (best extension cable on the market) but i was disappointed about the usb3 internal 19pin to 2x usb3, it is very flimsy worked only a week and when i pulled it from my gigabite x79ud5 to pu it in my Rampage formula the blue 19pin section stayed in the motherboard !!!! Do bitfenix have any RMA in Canada ?

I want to know something do you have any information about the Bitfenix Recon Touch Screen Six Channel Fan Controller I cannot find any photo or spec, the only thing that i found is one youtube video before the release!!
Sorry to hear about that.. Please send in an email to support@bitfenix.com Please include pictures.

As for the Recon fan controller, the reason there's no photos, or specs, is because we have not released it yet. The good news, is that I received my recon package with all the itty bitty dirty information about it. Expect an announcement sometime next week.
Old May 13, 2012, 01:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbournex View Post
Sorry to hear about that.. Please send in an email to support@bitfenix.com Please include pictures.

As for the Recon fan controller, the reason there's no photos, or specs, is because we have not released it yet. The good news, is that I received my recon package with all the itty bitty dirty information about it. Expect an announcement sometime next week.
i already ordered one Recon fan controller from NCIX and told me that it is avalable but backoreder !!! 2 to 3 weeks probably 5 weeks. can you take pic from your recon that you receaved please ?
thank you
Old May 13, 2012, 11:44 AM
Manufacturer Rep

It's because we have not started shipping the recons yet. Any retailer can start SKUing the product. However, they can't release details, and they don't have stock. They haven't been released. I believe NCIX will be one of the few suppliers who will have stock a few days after launch.

Unfortunately, like video cards, and other hardware, I can not release any pictures of the product as it's still under NDA
Old May 14, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is this covered by Bitfenix RMA??? haha JK UPS said their driver tripped and threw it down a flight of stairs the entire case was warped, the top and front covers are broken off and all the internal hdd bays are snapped.

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now