Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old October 26, 2011, 10:12 AM
Cooler Master USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 81

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I agree with Nic-CM's suggestions and ideals. One of the reasons CM has about 40-50% of my personal and Client builds (You'd be suprised what I have done with your 310 Elite Cases, god I love them).

That being said I am going to offer another suggestion to the OP..

Take a good look at the Thermaltake A90 case. I have had both good and bad experiences with TT in the past. Either their cases were a big hit (Armor MX+) or more than likely a big flop.....

That being said the A90 is really a step in the right direction, it has lots of room (bigger than a traditional Mid-tower when beside my Apollo) and a very well thought out though simple interior. It keeps my 580 cool and does so with some simple style.
Might be something to consider, as its well within your budget.

Another to consider might be the Tempest 410 series by NZXT. They have always done a great job at making a good case on a Budget, and the 410 looks to keep that pedigree. I don't have one yet, but from some reading and such it appears to be very good.

My thoughts at least,

-ST
Thanks!
__________________
Nic
Cooler Master USA, Inc.

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old October 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,048

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic-CM View Post
Thanks!
Scout is a good suggestion as well, though I found it Tight with bigger VC's. Something a mid tower like the Armor A90 doesn't not suffer from. As well Something CM should consider is doing the HDD cage like the A90 to promote better airflow and HDD cooling :)

Otherwise yes, a Scout is a good call. I had Two of those, and I loved them too minus the space issues with my VC's. The one thing that really appealed to me (And I might buy one again just because of this) is the handle on the top for carrying the case. It was strong and never faltered even when I had the case 'LOADED' with hardware.

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old October 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cooler Master USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 81

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Scout is a good suggestion as well, though I found it Tight with bigger VC's. Something a mid tower like the Armor A90 doesn't not suffer from. As well Something CM should consider is doing the HDD cage like the A90 to promote better airflow and HDD cooling :)

Otherwise yes, a Scout is a good call. I had Two of those, and I loved them too minus the space issues with my VC's. The one thing that really appealed to me (And I might buy one again just because of this) is the handle on the top for carrying the case. It was strong and never faltered even when I had the case 'LOADED' with hardware.

-ST
The Scout is showing its age a bit, this much is true. I have a Trooper disassembled behind me and I think you'll love that case, ST. Tons of open space and, so far as I can tell, no space issues for water, air, or any other cooling. As soon as I get some time, I'll be posting some more in-depth usage information on our blog.
__________________
Nic
Cooler Master USA, Inc.

CM Blog, CM Forums, CMHD.tv, CMUSA Questions? -
CM FAQ, Live Support
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old October 26, 2011, 10:56 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,048

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic-CM View Post
The Scout is showing its age a bit, this much is true. I have a Trooper disassembled behind me and I think you'll love that case, ST. Tons of open space and, so far as I can tell, no space issues for water, air, or any other cooling. As soon as I get some time, I'll be posting some more in-depth usage information on our blog.
It might show its age but if I had to choose I would get a scout over the Trooper.
Only because I am vain, and don't want to lug a Full tower.
Vain because the scout gives me a side window. I am a sucker for seeing my hardware and the blaze of blue lights in my case. Plus being able to see my POST light is extremely helpful on my EVGA board as it also relays CPU temp :)

Not that that is a fault of the Trooper, its a great case just doesn't fit my needs.
The Enforcer however I think you guys did flawlessly. Its on my list to do my next client build.

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old October 26, 2011, 05:35 PM
lightninstrikr's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 121

My System Specs

Default

Thanks for the great suggestions guys I have a lot to look over...

It's lookin like I'll get the A90 for now and maybe upgrade to a case with more options/airflow for what I want later.

Thanks!
~LS
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old October 27, 2011, 07:48 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,048

My System Specs

Default

Good stuff, you can pop two fans in the front of the A90, plus on on the side. Among the ones it comes with.
I used Yate Loons in her, and its as quiet yet cool as can be. Espically with a 580 inside.

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old October 28, 2011, 06:09 PM
lightninstrikr's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 121

My System Specs

Default

I should really stop browsing...what do you guys think of this one? Newegg.com - IN WIN Dragon Rider Black 1.0 - 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old October 28, 2011, 06:51 PM
ultraman7k's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 527

My System Specs

Default

so I take it no Chaser? I was looking forward to someone else on the forums getting it too!

Then I wouldn't be alone....

Guess I will have to wait lol.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old October 28, 2011, 07:24 PM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,048

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninstrikr View Post
I should really stop browsing...what do you guys think of this one? Newegg.com - IN WIN Dragon Rider Black 1.0 - 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

I know a few people who had In Win Cases, not too bad. I'll have to do some reading on that one.

-ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old October 28, 2011, 07:39 PM
lightninstrikr's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 121

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
so I take it no Chaser? I was looking forward to someone else on the forums getting it too!

Then I wouldn't be alone....

Guess I will have to wait lol.
Still looking at that one, I think it's currently 2nd place after a tie for 1st (cutting it close budget wise and the 1st choices are cheaper initially). My biggest complaint is that I can't have green plastic doo-hickeys on it instead of the stock blue ones... me likey green glowy things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I know a few people who had In Win Cases, not too bad. I'll have to do some reading on that one.

-ST
Here are the 3 reviews I consulted...
http://www.guru3d.com/article/inwin-...hassis-review/
In Win Dragon Rider Full Tower E-ATX PC Case Review - The In Win Dragon Rider Full Tower PC Case - Legit Reviews
In Win Dragon Rider Full Tower

Here's the makers website...which I will read tomorrow after work (just found it)
Dragon Rider | IN WIN Retail Website

aaaaannnddd here is the site that gave it an "Editor's Choice" award...which I will also read tomorrow after work as I just found it too...
IN WIN Dragon Rider Full Tower Chassis :: TweakTown USA Edition

:D Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes