Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2011, 08:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Not a fan of the useless 5.25" bays. It looks clean on the outside but not very usable. Not even space for a slot-loader?
The setup is slick though if you do everything over network or USB.

Loving the chrome finished pipes, but very curious how tough it will be for that guy to change out a single block :P
Old December 2, 2011, 08:35 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Can you buy just the case?
Old December 2, 2011, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Can you buy just the case?
I would say yes.
You will also be able to buy parts to turn your TJ07 into a MKII.
It might be a little while longer untill we see the cases or parts avaiable for retail still, as the shown case is still a prototype.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old December 2, 2011, 09:13 AM
Trial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
Not a fan of the useless 5.25" bays. It looks clean on the outside but not very usable. Not even space for a slot-loader?
The setup is slick though if you do everything over network or USB.

Loving the chrome finished pipes, but very curious how tough it will be for that guy to change out a single block :P
There is one usable external 5.25" bay for a DVD or whatever. Internally there are 2x5.25" and 3x3.5". So thats room for 4 HDDs. and, there is a built in slot-loader next to the 3.5" bays. It's mounted vertically so the cd/dvd pops out the top through one of the 'blood drip' slots that start on top of the case and come down the front.
Old December 6, 2011, 04:06 PM
Rookie

Hey Guys,

The MKII accommodates up to 3 standard HDs, 3 SSDs, and 1 -5.25 bay device. The integrated, vertical slot-load optical drive comes standard. The murderbox MKII P1.01 build on MDPC is sporting the optional crossflow fan assembly in the 5.25 bay and the internal Aquaero PRO 5 mount in place of one of the standard HDs. The MKII drive structure is modular and all about options. Also, the Dual TopFan unit seen in the P1.01 build is another option and uses the same flange mount as the Serpentine Topgrill.

What you don't see in the P1.01 build are the "hidden" features of the MKII; there's more going on than meets the eye. ;) All will be revealed when the 2nd MKII prototype is finished; it's in production now and when completed, will be shipped to Vegas and displayed at CES in the Silverstone Hospitality Suite at the Hilton. The P1.01 build seen on MDPC will also be there along with yours truly.

Question: Any chance of changing the thread title to "Coming: murderbox MKII"?
Old December 6, 2011, 04:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_h View Post
Hey Guys,

The MKII accommodates up to 3 standard HDs, 3 SSDs, and 1 -5.25 bay device. The integrated, vertical slot-load optical drive comes standard. The murderbox MKII P1.01 build on MDPC is sporting the optional crossflow fan assembly in the 5.25 bay and the internal Aquaero PRO 5 mount in place of one of the standard HDs. The MKII drive structure is modular and all about options. Also, the Dual TopFan unit seen in the P1.01 build is another option and uses the same flange mount as the Serpentine Topgrill.

What you don't see in the P1.01 build are the "hidden" features of the MKII; there's more going on than meets the eye. ;) All will be revealed when the 2nd MKII prototype is finished; it's in production now and when completed, will be shipped to Vegas and displayed at CES in the Silverstone Hospitality Suite at the Hilton. The P1.01 build seen on MDPC will also be there along with yours truly.

Question: Any chance of changing the thread title to "Coming: murderbox MKII"?
Done..... :)

Looking forward to seeing the completed project. Always been a fan.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old December 6, 2011, 06:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The MKII accommodates up to 3 standard HDs, 3 SSDs, and 1 -5.25 bay device.
Awww, but I need 4 for my RAID10!
Quote:
it's in production now and when completed, will be shipped to Vegas and displayed at CES in the Silverstone Hospitality Suite at the Hilton. The P1.01 build seen on MDPC will also be there along with yours truly.
I take it Silverstone will be distributing it then? Looking forward to it still! I'll hold off on making any rash decisions until then
Old December 6, 2011, 07:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Awww, but I need 4 for my RAID10!

I take it Silverstone will be distributing it then? Looking forward to it still! I'll hold off on making any rash decisions until then
I'm assuming by rash decisions you mean taking out a Loan or selling a Kidney online for one?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 6, 2011, 10:08 PM
Rookie

That looks beautiful I hope the pricing will be decent.. you wouldn't be able to build a pc with that case after selling your eyes and arms.
Old December 7, 2011, 08:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I'm assuming by rash decisions you mean taking out a Loan or selling a Kidney online for one?

-ST
Thankfully not that rash :P

I was considering a FT02 with 3x180 radiator, but I'll wait till CES....