Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 09:24 AM
Cptn Vortex's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
It likely won't be. The case just isn't big enough.
True enough. If internally it is based on the TJ07, then the middle section could at least be removed to let the board hang down enough. Worst case of course.
__________________
The Vortex H20

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 09:34 AM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,103

My System Specs

Default

I'll be interested to see the inside. If it's based on the TJ-07, I don't think you could fit a SR-2 in without major modifications. The midplate supports the 5.25" drive cage and the removable mobo tray, and the mobo tray has a gusset plate on the side for strength. It's not impossible, just difficult.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 10:18 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,066

My System Specs

Default

God that is sexy......

Tell them I want a Phantom 'Murdered'

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 12:18 PM
mattlef's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,977

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I'll be interested to see the inside. If it's based on the TJ-07, I don't think you could fit a SR-2 in without major modifications. The midplate supports the 5.25" drive cage and the removable mobo tray, and the mobo tray has a gusset plate on the side for strength. It's not impossible, just difficult.

It would be a hastle, but not as hard as one might think.
The midplate can be taken out, and the mobotray can just be attached via the thumbscrews at the back. should be more than sturdy enough. However, the main issue could be aesthetically. Might no look that great without the midplate. Could always mod the midplate..... like cut the back sections out lol, but at the end of the day, are you willing to take a dremmel to a case that expensive? lol
__________________
Co-Host of the Dam Good Show

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 12:45 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,708
Default

Need more pics!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 12:48 PM
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posts: 128

My System Specs

Default

Is the background BC Place Stadium?
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 12:52 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,103

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
It would be a hastle, but not as hard as one might think.
The midplate can be taken out, and the mobotray can just be attached via the thumbscrews at the back. should be more than sturdy enough. However, the main issue could be aesthetically. Might no look that great without the midplate. Could always mod the midplate..... like cut the back sections out lol, but at the end of the day, are you willing to take a dremmel to a case that expensive? lol
If you remove the midplate and the gusset angle, I'd be concerned about the strength of the joint between the back and bottom of the tray while supporting such a large mobo. But yes, cutting away a large portion of the mid plate had occurred to me. And no, I wouldn't take a dremel to a MKII. I did take one to my TJ-07 though, and I could fab a new mid-plate for a MKII if I decided to take the plunge and get a loan. I get the feeling a new Mark II is probably going to be more expensive than a SR-2 setup anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesamess View Post
Is the background BC Place Stadium?
Yes, it is.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 02:28 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 57

My System Specs

Default

has a very Dexter feel to it..
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 06:05 PM
mattlef's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,977

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
If you remove the midplate and the gusset angle, I'd be concerned about the strength of the joint between the back and bottom of the tray while supporting such a large mobo. But yes, cutting away a large portion of the mid plate had occurred to me. And no, I wouldn't take a dremel to a MKII. I did take one to my TJ-07 though, and I could fab a new mid-plate for a MKII if I decided to take the plunge and get a loan. I get the feeling a new Mark II is probably going to be more expensive than a SR-2 setup anyways.
I don't want to make assumptions, but i have a feeling it'll be in line with what the original TJ07 design was. But that's just a guess. maybe within 10-15% as a rough guess.
__________________
Co-Host of the Dam Good Show

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old October 19, 2011, 11:12 PM
turtletrax's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not in PPC's pocket.
Posts: 542

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post


This shot might answer a couple of questions.

I hope he has an internal mount for the Aquaero 5 XT.
__________________
"The thing about internet quotes is you can not confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC P&C Silencer MKII 950 mo' power Power Supplies 7 April 21, 2011 03:55 PM
[FS] Canon 1D MKII w/2 x extra batteries :: SOLD SOLD SOLD 3oh6 Buy/Sell & Trade 4 January 5, 2011 09:50 AM
MO-RA 3 coming soon Space Pope Water Cooling 5 May 19, 2010 07:53 AM
F.E.A.R. 3 is coming Killswitch Gaming 5 April 14, 2010 05:34 AM