Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 26, 2012, 04:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That was for complete systems, when charles_h used to make the majority of parts himself. Now that Silverstone is involved, my guess is you'll be able to buy the case itself for around $1200. I hope lowfat's correct though. I'd love to change my murdermod out for the new model.

edit: 'd
Old February 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
Rookie

Ahh, my mistake. Thanks for the clarification. I'm not surprised it'll be priced that much... She's a beauty!
Old March 20, 2012, 09:17 PM
Banned

Charles work is amazing. Their is really no other way to put it. However, every time I see any of his cases I can't help but think of Vancouver

Overpriced, flashy, and trying to be better then everything else.
Old January 8, 2014, 01:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Just wondering what happened to these cases? They looked amazing but cant find the site anymore.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old January 8, 2014, 01:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Murderbox.com, which forwards to the new name, MBXforma.com.
Old January 8, 2014, 03:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Talked to Charles a couple of times over the past couple weeks. I will be back in as they are going to include the quad rad bracket and floating res holders in the price. I was going to pass as the price would get pretty damn high to have the config I wanted. I think allot of people gave that same feedback. Heres to hoping this attempt works, I really want one :)
Old March 19, 2014, 06:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

An update email came and said that they did another revision and having it prototyped right now. It also stated some of the upgrades are included while others will be add ons. Based on acceptance of the prototype (4-6 weeks) ordering will begin directly after final approval. Looks like we are getting close :)
Old March 19, 2014, 07:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

What exactly *is* the price and what's included at this point? Looks like they've only been giving updates via e-mail based on the new site still being bare.

Old March 19, 2014, 09:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I think it will be $1200 for Case, quad rad mount, 1 floating res mount, and now adding a dust filtration system and added air cooling capacity. Another addition is the ability to handle more SSDs. Then there will be a host of ala carte. In the initial pre-order my setup came to $1650 plus a bill and a half for shipping. If I can master tapping G1/4 in 10mm plastic I will be making my own Slight Panel, and that would bring the price down nicely

Expensive for a case? Yes. But, in my eyes the last ATX case one would ever want without needing support for monster dualie rigs and quad SLI. I am grabbing one of these and an Ncase M1 .r2 and I will be set for a major long time.

Hope the prototype comes out clean and things can proceed.
Old March 20, 2014, 09:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks!

From a purely utilitarian perspective, yes, it is expensive. There are far cheaper cases that offer equivalent levels of functionality and flexibility, and I don't necessarily mean the cheapest possible - Caselabs comes to mind. Undertakings like this spring up as labours of love though. Limited product runs even facilitated by Silverstone or Lian Li (M1) don't completely mitigate costs, and these fellows are being meticulous with the design and finish - true to who they are... It's a usable product that is also a piece of art. Putting that in perspective makes the price far more subjective. I have no doubt anyone willing to cough up the cash will be thoroughly pleased with what they get.