Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18, 2006, 05:42 PM
Misoprostol

Default Will be putting an 8800GTX, 2 hard drives, and an optical into a Silverstone Sugo!

Hey everyone. Over the course of this weekend (or maybe next week) I'll be doing a pretty simple mod that will enable me to mount an 8800GTX inside a Silverstone Sugo case. The stock configuration of the case does not allow an 8800GTX card because the last 1/2" of the card interferes with the hard drive cage. Stay tuned.
Old November 18, 2006, 11:24 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoprostol View Post
Hey everyone. Over the course of this weekend (or maybe next week) I'll be doing a pretty simple mod that will enable me to mount an 8800GTX inside a Silverstone Sugo case. The stock configuration of the case does not allow an 8800GTX card because the last 1/2" of the card interferes with the hard drive cage. Stay tuned.
I'm assuming pics will follow?:D
Old November 21, 2006, 07:15 PM
Misoprostol

Hey everyone! I've got PICTURES and an update to this thread coming in the next 5 minutes or so. Here are the specs of the build that I'm doing

Core 2 Duo E6600
Intel mATX 965 ViiV motherboard
Zalman CNPS7700 CU
Corsair PC2-6400 4-4-4-12 Xpert (LEDS)
Asus Geforce 8800GTX
DVD+-RW
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB.
Silverstone Zeus 750W power supply

CPU temps get up to 60C under full load, and video card goes up to 85 under full load. This thing gets TOASTY, but it's doing a several day burn-in and I think it's definitely going to pass. I'm very happy with it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gav; November 23, 2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old November 22, 2006, 08:54 AM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Hey everyone! I've got PICTURES and an update to this thread coming in the next 5 minutes or so. Here are the specs of the build that I'm doing

CPU temps get up to 60C under full load, and video card goes up to 85 under full load. This thing gets TOASTY, but it's doing a several day burn-in before it goes out to the guy I'm building it for, and I think it's definitely going to pass. I'm very happy with it.
I think your customer is going to be very happy with this build, excellent for LAN parties due to it's compact size.:D

What are the noise levels like and were those temps with all fans at full speed or turned down?
Old November 23, 2006, 10:46 PM
Top Prospect

nice job! That thing looks amazing for the size!

Get rid of MS Paint, clean up a few pictures and a little more thorough instructions and you could have a nice walkthrough for others looking to duplicate this SFF powerhouse :D
Old November 23, 2006, 11:59 PM
Misoprostol

Those temps are when the fans are running full throttle. It's pretty loud, but not unbearable. I just ran into some stability problems while I was burning it in, and I don't know if it's due to the aggressive RAM timings on stock (1.8V) voltage, or if it's due to something else. I will have to do some more investigation tomorrow.

Get rid of MS Paint?? It's the only thing I know how to use!

I actually forgot to check. Can someone who's running Vista see if MS has updated paint? Of if it's the same program from Windows 3.1 still....
Old November 27, 2006, 01:12 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Those temps are when the fans are running full throttle. It's pretty loud, but not unbearable. I just ran into some stability problems while I was burning it in, and I don't know if it's due to the aggressive RAM timings on stock (1.8V) voltage, or if it's due to something else. I will have to do some more investigation tomorrow.

Get rid of MS Paint?? It's the only thing I know how to use!

I actually forgot to check. Can someone who's running Vista see if MS has updated paint? Of if it's the same program from Windows 3.1 still....
I would bump the voltage up to 2.1 and see if that helps. I can can confirm that paint is exactly the same in Vista. Why mess with perfection.:D
Old November 27, 2006, 01:13 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNESCO View Post
nice job! That thing looks amazing for the size!

Get rid of MS Paint, clean up a few pictures and a little more thorough instructions and you could have a nice walkthrough for others looking to duplicate this SFF powerhouse :D
And resize the pictures while your at it. I hate scrolling (i'm to lazy).:p
Old January 28, 2007, 05:30 PM
Top Prospect

Jesus to fit all that in... heroic achievement :D Lol now fit sli in there XD