Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2011, 03:40 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default Thumbs-up for Corsair customer service!

I have a 800D case that came with the USB 2.0 and Sata 3.0GB capabilities.

The Corsair online store offers a USB 3.0 upgrade kit, and also a Sata 6.0GB kit upgrade. Both of these upgrades should have cost me ~$40, before shipping.

I emailed Corsair support asking if they could help me with the shipping costs as they were too high to Canada.

Today, I get a package with a FREE USB 3.0 and Sata 6gb kit, at absolutely no charge at all!

Funny thing is, I had already bought this gear from NCIX, so now I have extra. Wish I had waited for Corsair to respond before buying my kit.

Anyways, just figure I would give a heads-up to folks who are thinking of buying this gear as Corsair seems to take care of you if you just ask.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 3, 2011, 04:36 PM
Allstar

I asked about the price of shipping as well and never got squat. I bought the usb3 here as someone was selling on for a fair price. Now just need to wait patiently for the SATA 6gb to go up for sale or something.

Pain in the butt really. I've also had my case sitting in a box for months now, waiting to get parts for it before putting it into use. One of these days.... :)

Edit: Actually that was pretty cool they did that for you but I can also see why they don't send free stuff to everyone in Canada who asks.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old October 5, 2011, 07:38 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

They shipped me the kits for free also. I think they do offer it to everyone except not every rep knows about this. The first rep I talked to didn't offer it, but I asked her a technical question about the SATA6 (if it needs new cables) and she transferred me to another guy who was more 'in the know' and he asked me for my shipping info and gave them to me.
Old October 5, 2011, 09:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

I may have posted this elsewhere (Canadian RMA Experience I think)

I knocked over my 600T side panel and broke the latches. I asked them about purchasing replacements and they sent me a whole new side panel with a window (sold separately for this case)

When I RMA'ed my HX850 they sent me a sealed one BNIB so i have double the accessories now too.

for Corsair.