Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   90$ aluminum lian-li made ATX case? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/46656-90-aluminum-lian-li-made-atx-case.html)

BrutalGreen September 23, 2011 11:49 AM

90$ aluminum lian-li made ATX case?

Too good to be true? guess dreams can come to reality (under the lancool branding):

Lian Li PC-K9B

The inside looks very similar to my personal favorite budget case, the old lancool PC-K60. However, they did improve for the better the few nags with the old model: top fan from old model moved to front for positive pressure (what I used to do with zip ties) and more 3.5 bays at the expense of 5.25 bays (who uses these anyways)

Not to mention, that clean look is fanfuckingtastic in all aluminium!

Here's a review by the venerable 3dgameman

#1270 - Lancool PC-K9 Case Video Review - YouTube

ilya September 23, 2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutalGreen (Post 551447)
Here's a review by the venerable 3dgameman

For that statement I'd put on a flame suit if I were you. Just in case. :bleh:

BTW, the case is NOT all aluminum, just the front, top, and side panels have aluminum plating. The back panel and entire body is steel, hence the price. The cheapest full aluminum case ever was the CM HTCS 840 for ~$150 and is the cheapest any full aluminum case will get due to material prices.

BrutalGreen September 23, 2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilya (Post 551470)
For that statement I'd put on a flame suit if I were you. Just in case. :bleh:

notice that was sarcasm, that guy has gone nuts! but still only video review i could find (better for seeing multiple angles than a bunch of pics)

as for it not being all aluminium, I along with most people don't care much on an ATX case as its not meant to be portable so the extra w8 from the chassis doesn't matter. As far as I'm concerned all the visible panels have a lian-li brushed aluminium finish that is gorgeous to look at.

The fact that the chassis is steal isn't a big deal, it even makes the case easier to ground and less prone to vibrations.

Supergrover September 23, 2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutalGreen (Post 551476)
notice that was sarcasm, that guy has gone nuts! but still only video review i could find (better for seeing multiple angles than a bunch of pics)

as for it not being all aluminium, I along with most people don't care much on an ATX case as its not meant to be portable so the extra w8 from the chassis doesn't matter. As far as I'm concerned all the visible panels have a lian-li brushed aluminium finish that is gorgeous to look at.

The fact that the chassis is steal isn't a big deal, it even makes the case easier to ground and less prone to vibrations.

Work on a few case per day then come back and say that. Sorry but I hate heavy steel cases and will just about always take a alu over steel.
But for 90 bux it isnt a bad case if that is what you are interested in. I would rather look at a brushed lilly than at powder/painted steel any day.:thumb:

Pabz0r545 September 23, 2011 02:34 PM

WOw that is a really nice small case. If only it were all black on the inside...

Supergrover September 23, 2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 (Post 551506)
WOw that is a really nice small case. If only it were all black on the inside...

Painting a steel case is super easy.:thumb:

BrutalGreen September 23, 2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 (Post 551506)

The X models have black inside for extra 10$

EmptyMellon September 23, 2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrutalGreen (Post 551597)
The X models have black inside for extra 10$

Unfortunatly, nobody sells the K9X model, only the K9WX.:sad:

cmge September 26, 2011 10:15 AM

too bad it doesnt have any fans on top.. :(

JJThomp September 28, 2011 02:53 PM

I wish my m-ATX case was aluminum... I'm too poor for that though.