Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 6, 2011, 10:51 AM
Trial Member

Default HAF X or wait?

My current case is the CM 690 II Advanced and I'm not happy with it. It's the best case I've owned but it's not good enough. I have never been able to get the external drive dock to work and I find the inside to be too small. I really like the CM HAF X. But, it's been around awhile and I was wondering if there is anything else coming out soon that I should wait for?
Old August 6, 2011, 01:17 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I was thinking about a HAF but the more I read about the Silverstone Raven 02E (as suggested from the forums) went with that. Its about $180 (got mine with free shipping). Haven't gotten it yet but after spending like 2 days researching the hell on cases (on this site and about 1/2 dozen others) did settle on it.
Old August 6, 2011, 03:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I have a HAF X and I like it. I need a lot of room in my case and it has exactly that. I also like the two hot swap bays and the wheels that with the case. I will post a pic of mine sometime.
Old August 6, 2011, 08:26 PM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

The new cosmos case is coming out from CM and it looks amazing!

For now, i would say if you are looking for someth to replace your CM 692, [Which is what i have], go with the Corsair 600T White, which is quire an amazing case for the cost with the features. Has a beautiful white finish, great construction quality, windowed [or meshed] side panel, great Cbl management, and dual WC rad support.

Not a fan of the HAF X as it just is too chunky, too much. I personally like simplicity, thus why i went ahead with the CM 692 in the first place.

Tags
cm 690 ii , haf , haf x