Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Cases (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/)
-   -   Fractal R3 or 600T White (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cases/45427-fractal-r3-600t-white.html)

esperasoppa August 5, 2011 01:13 PM

Fractal R3 or 600T White

Hello,

My computer has been freezing up lately due to overheat (which I think is because of insufficient cooling from the case) so I decided to buy a new case.

Here are my questions:

1. My components are 3 years old, is it worth it to get a new case? (also, if I get a new case, would my computer overheat and freeze ?)

2. I really like the 600T White. Looks really good. But I just saw the Fractal R3 bundle with a Coolit CPU cooler for $130 at NCIX. Do you think its a much better value?

I'm almost 90% sure that the computer freezes up b/c of heat, as during winter it is fine.

Thanks for any feedback, Id really appreciate.

supaflyx3 August 5, 2011 01:28 PM

I'd go for the R3 if you like simplicity, and that HSF would also help with overheating.

Optix August 5, 2011 04:55 PM

What's your current case?

Based on the gear in your signature I find it hard to believe that your system is overheating because of the case itself, especially after this long. I would monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures during stress testing to see if the temperatures are really getting out of control prior to a lock up. If not and the system still fetches it's safe to say that the case is not the problem and you should spend your time and resources looking into system instability due to poor drivers, incompatible settings or component issues instead.

esperasoppa August 5, 2011 05:04 PM

I never really check the actual temp....I may do just that, but I'm pretty sure its not the drivers or anything, because it only happens during summer time, only when my room is hot.

Besides the system in the signature, I also have the 5770, which I believe is what is overheating.
The case I'm having is a generic case, with 2 fans : one exhaust out the back, and on pulling in from the side.

esperasoppa August 5, 2011 05:10 PM

On another note, I don't mind having a new case at all (maybe its why Im pushing the issue :P).

Say, If I do get a new case (and keep it for a long time of course) which one is better? Or better yet, is anything other case better?

Honestly, I really want to buy the 600T. But the the price is a bit much, also there is the R3 plus a free cooler. I'm only opinion because I'm afraid when I actually buy the 600T, the system will still overheat.
I'd shoot myself if that happens, but other than that, I really want to treat my sell to something new..even if its just a new enclosure. :)

JJThomp August 5, 2011 05:15 PM

Try cleaning your CPU / GPU with some compressed air blasts. If you really want the new case I'd personally go for the 600t white, fractal R3, then 600t in that order.

supaflyx3 August 5, 2011 05:32 PM

If you weren't on a budget I'd suggest the 650D, but yeah +1 for 600T white

esperasoppa August 5, 2011 05:38 PM

By the way, is this cooler from Coolit on par with the one from Corsair?

supaflyx3 August 5, 2011 05:55 PM

coolit is the OEM for corsairs newer coolers. (IE H60/H80/H100)

martin_metal_88 August 5, 2011 06:47 PM

I got both R3 and 600T ( black ) on each side of my desk right now. And for build quality and easy tyo work with, 600T is the winner. Trust me ;)