Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20, 2011, 05:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default E-atx mid tower cases?

My wife and I are moving to Montreal in september and I'm looking to shrink the size of my computer so it won't take up quite as much room in my car for the drive. I currently have an antec 1200. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do something much smaller without a lot of customizing though. Inside it's got:

Asus Rampage II
GTX 280
3x 500gb hdd (RAID 5)
1x 500gb hdd boot
PC power and cooling 1kw (massive PSU I think it's like 9 inches long)
current CPU cooler is a scythe mugen 2

I also have been planning on watercooling for a long time and have all the parts for a cpu/gpu loop with a triple and dual rad. I have it figured out to fit all internally in the antec but I'm not sure what I'm going to end up doing with it for the move. putting it all together for less then a month then draining it for the move seems silly to me right now.

I was looking at something like the corsair 600T but when I looked on the memory express website it's dimensions are actually bigger than the antec!

any advice?
Old July 20, 2011, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wouldn't bother, you might find a shorter case but it's going to be just as deep/wide or deeper/wider. Mostly due to the fact that most designs that can hold such a large motherboard don't skimp on drive bay/rad space.

You could try and find a Cubitek case, although availability in Canada is going to be extremely limited.
Old July 20, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you think the antec 1200 is big you can forget about other E-atx cases.

Most atx cases are 20 x 8.3x 20

I have a A05B its size is pretty small for a atx board and fit 10'5 gpu, your gonna have to ditch those harddrive and get an ssd + 1 tb drive.

Old ver.
Newegg.ca - LIAN LI PC-A05NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case

New ver.
Newegg.ca - LIAN LI PC-A05FNB Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Gonna have to be creative to use small cases.

Last edited by Silvgearx; July 20, 2011 at 05:36 PM.