Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Lian Li PC-A70F Full Tower Case Review Comment Thread

When talking about high quality case construction, the name of Lian Li will invariably come up at some point in the conversation. The only problem was that Lian Li also used to also be synonymous with high prices and products that were next to impossible to find. Well, times have changed and while Lian Li's quality is still top notch, their cases are easier than ever to find and the pricing on some models has decreased to a reasonable point. No case better symbolizes this new mantra than the PC-A70F; a full tower case which retails for the surprising price of less than $199.

READ MORE
Old July 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Man I was totally gonna get this case a few months back and I even placed the order at NCIX but they came back telling me there was no stock left and they wouldnt be getting any in so I was choked. Luckily mattlef had this PC8FIB for sale in the BST which is similar, except mid-tower. Then I remember checking a few weeks after that and NCIX had more stock I was like FUUUUUUUUUU.

But yeah it would be a great case to get and it is actually priced at $179 at NCIX right now, not $199 like the review states. The front panel comes off very easily(tool-less) to clean those dust filters, compared to the A71F which looks to be a PITA with a bunch of screws. The PC8FIB I have also has a grill below the psu instead of at the back unlike this case. This case is a couple years old though.

Nice dent in the side panel BTW lol.
Old July 19, 2011, 07:19 PM

Yeah, shipping damage FTL.
Old July 19, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Out of curiosity, were you the narrator?

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old July 19, 2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
Out of curiosity, were you the narrator?
Me? No. All of our video reviews are done by Dimitry.

Also, if you guys have any comments about content in these reviews, please let us know.
Old July 19, 2011, 08:36 PM
Banned
F@H

oh das accent! :p

nice video review.

roomy,as expected. whats the weight of it again?

so 199 is a good price? hmmm.
Old July 19, 2011, 08:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This video defeintely lack ....

Can't you tell him to do it like Fixt?
Old July 19, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvgearx View Post

In fairness to the reviewer, if you compare his previous reviews to the current one you can tell he's learning fast and doing a good job improving on his weaknesses. Just telling him to do it like someone else is pretty bad criticism TBH. You fail to identify any strengths or weaknesses of either reviewer.

For example in the 600T White Edition review, he played around with a lot of unique camera angles but neglected to draw attention away from the hardwood floor and did a poor job of getting the camera to focus properly. In this one he has a full white backdrop with proper lighting and the focus issues are not present. Only thing I would gripe about is he didn't wipe the foam bits and dust from the case nor did he attempt to draw attention away from the big dent in the side panel.

EDIT: forgot to mention, USE GLOVES! Brushed aluminum looks like crap when all I see is your fingerprints!
Old July 19, 2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvgearx View Post

I am going to keep this as politically correct as possible.

Unless you have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism with fleshed out points that we can address, you had best stow these types of posts.

Ilya's post is a prime example of drawing attention to points that we can easily address in future reviews and improve upon as time goes on. So in the future, by all means HELP us make the reviews better instead of just treading water.

And from my understanding, Dimitry did everything he could to remove the fingerprints after receiving this case. The issue is that it was sitting around on Fixt's "to do" list for months and picked up a fair amount of fingerprints in the process. Unfortunately some of those prints were made with god knows what on Fixt's fingers and proved nearly impossible to clean away.
Old July 19, 2011, 09:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
In fairness to the reviewer, if you compare his previous reviews to the current one you can tell he's learning fast and doing a good job improving on his weaknesses. Just telling him to do it like someone else is pretty bad criticism TBH. You fail to identify any strengths or weaknesses of either reviewer.

For example in the 600T White Edition review, he played around with a lot of unique camera angles but neglected to draw attention away from the hardwood floor and did a poor job of getting the camera to focus properly. In this one he has a full white backdrop with proper lighting and the focus issues are not present. Only thing I would gripe about is he didn't wipe the foam bits and dust from the case nor did he attempt to draw attention away from the big dent in the side panel.

I choose to compare it how ever I want, I am free to choose.

Now lets point out some points.

-HWCanucks and no price in CAD?
-How much does the case weight if it's light?
-Tough? What is that dent doing there.....
-How does the front panel and side feel when trying to remove?
-How many inches?
-Try out those WC holes?

Oh and I could careless about the proper lighting, I am just interested in knowing the pros and cons of the casing. Try putting a little personal experience and/or show more unique qualities of the case. Instead of just tell me what I already know from always browsing the Lian Li site.

Rant/