Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2011, 09:11 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
-HWCanucks and no price in CAD?
Not sure if you've noticed this but in most cases we have reached parity when it comes to computer components.

Case and point being this case:

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70F Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Newegg.ca - LIAN LI PC-A70F Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Quote:
-Tough? What is that dent doing there.....
Ever had something shipped by UPS?
Old July 19, 2011, 09:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I am going to keep this as politically correct as possible.

Unless you have CONSTRUCTIVE criticism with fleshed out points that we can address, you had best stow these types of posts.

Ilya's post is a prime example of drawing attention to points that we can easily address in future reviews and improve upon as time goes on. So in the future, by all means HELP us make the reviews better instead of just treading water.

And from my understanding, Dimitry did everything he could to remove the fingerprints after receiving this case. The issue is that it was sitting around on Fixt's "to do" list for months and picked up a fair amount of fingerprints in the process. Unfortunately some of those prints were made with god knows what on Fixt's fingers and proved nearly impossible to clean away.
oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Not sure if you've noticed this but in most cases we have reached parity when it comes to computer components.

Case and point being this case:

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70F Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Newegg.ca - LIAN LI PC-A70F Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Ever had something shipped by UPS?
If the parity is to stay sure.

UPS = Purolator

Anyways, Great Review. I guess.
Old July 19, 2011, 09:35 PM
Banned
F@H

guys we talking about the same fix guy whos doing double lifetime for ..?

back to serious. the russian guy did a good jobbe,especially if compared to what we other folk could/would perhaps do

you can find flaws in anything, just look at the transformers 3 thread :D

yo sky, in which corner of the woods did you pick him up ,btw?
Old July 19, 2011, 10:36 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thumbs up Dimitry

In my opinion Dimitry, aka Dimitry49, is doing a fine job on the video review and like ilya said, improving with each new one.

Personally, I care to see the following in the videos:

1. overall appearance of the product, with posted dimensions, if applicable
2. functional removal/placement of all practical product parts (side panels, front bezal, HDD cages, etc.)
3. hardware interface inside and/or outside of the product (installed mobo, psu, WC gear,...whatever else)

Now showing price is subjective, as the price varies on the loction and shipping options, and may not be applicable 6 months after the vid was shot (i.e. CM 690 II). Also, I don't care if he has an accent this or that; I can understand him well.

My two critiques would be:
- to much camera panning, a simple head on shot is sometimes just fine (i.e. case with all the hardware in place; let us take it in a bit so we can see how it all fits, before you pan away)
- slow down a bit, it is like he tries to emulate FiXit and sometime his tongue trips a weee bit

I checked out Dimitry's youtube channel, and it is not like he does not know what to do.
Old July 20, 2011, 06:09 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Great tips guys! yes, I myself can see the improvement from the three videos that i have done for HWC and try to do the best job possible with each one. I will take into account the dimensions of the case on my next review, along with the weight. I see thats something people are interested in so it will be included in the future reviews. Also, while i try to make the review dynamic in terms of different shots and panning, i will go for a simpler layout and slow it down a bit.
Thanks for the tips guys! keep them coming!

P.S. i noticed some people complain about my accent, whats up with that? :PP
Old July 20, 2011, 07:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well Dimitry, your review are getting better from one to another. This one was harder than the 600T white IMO because the lian-li have a lot less to say than corsair but still a nice review. Carry on that way ;)

For the case, I'm getting little tired of lian-li always being the same with NO cable management option but the little cable module at the bottom of the case. It wouldn't be that hard for the price you pay top get a li-li to add 2CM on the side and cut hole in the mobo tray no?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old July 20, 2011, 09:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

The only part of this video I found was lacking was going over any watercooling options if any avail. Thats the only real reason I ever feign interest in full size towers.
Old July 20, 2011, 09:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

TBH, there's nothing wrong with your accent Dimitry. Keep up the good work!

-Plato
Old July 20, 2011, 10:23 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
The only part of this video I found was lacking was going over any watercooling options if any avail. Thats the only real reason I ever feign interest in full size towers.
Well thats one of the main issues with this case, is no availability at all for any watercooling components inside this case. Quite dissapointed there are no fan grills at the top or the side panel. The quality feel of the case made the installation fun, but when looking to go extreme, this isn't the right one for the job.
Old July 20, 2011, 10:24 AM
HWC YouTube Reviewer

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
TBH, there's nothing wrong with your accent Dimitry. Keep up the good work!
Thank you! Appreciate that! haha...

well i've been in Canada for 7 years now, so i think i'm past the ignorance of people. :D