Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13, 2011, 07:19 PM
Rookie

Default (ATTENTION ALL Obsidian Series® 800D Case Users)

Hey I'm new here..I wanted to get in touch with owners of the Obsidian Series® 800D Full-Tower Case. I recently had accident with my case. The front of the case got scuffed up pretty bad. Its mainly on the front plates ( the little nice black plates you replace so you could have your disc drive sticking out) where the damage is located. Would it be possible if any of the users could give me one of those black plates so i could replace it with the damaged one? I will pay you for shipping and the item itself if you want. Please guys
Old July 14, 2011, 07:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

You can probably get a replacement from Corsair, I would contact them to see what they say.
Old July 14, 2011, 07:29 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
You can probably get a replacement from Corsair, I would contact them to see what they say.
This would be the best place to start. I'm not sure what Corsair is like, but I was in the same position with my old Antec fileserver and when I contact Antec, they were more than willing to send me replacement parts at no cost. I believe it was two face plates and some drive rails.

Once you do contact them, please post back and let us know what the end result is!

Good luck!
Old July 14, 2011, 03:54 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the ideas. Well last time I contacted Corsair with an issue, I never heard back from them.
Old July 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Where are you located?

HWC Overclocking Team, breaking hardware for fun!

Team Thread
Old July 14, 2011, 04:10 PM
Rookie

I'm located in the US, Philadelphia PA
Old July 14, 2011, 04:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I contacted Corsair asking for extra cables for my HX850 and they replied and shipped them to me pretty quick (free of charge too). I don't see why they wouldn't be able to send you some drive bay covers for free either.
Old July 14, 2011, 04:29 PM
Rookie

Well how exactly did you contracted them by? Tech support? Thats what I pick last time I was missing a piece from my case. I just hope they reply to me quickly this time.
Old July 14, 2011, 06:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Phone them. It's far too easy to ignore emails, I always phone the manufacturers when I have an issue. And make sure you get the name of the person you talk to, just in case. "Well I phoned 10 days ago, and Joe was supposed to phone me/email me/ship me and he didn't." Be polite, and you usually get what you need. I lost a backplate for my EVGA mobo when I was having a case powdercoated, they mailed me one for free. Like others have said, when they can send you a cheap part and make you a customer for life, it's a good investment.

Contact
Old July 14, 2011, 08:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As SJ says, call them, be very polite and explain the situation.

Many of these companies will do these things for you, and I'll admit it it makes me go back to them. The little things all add up in the end.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com