Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13, 2011, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitry49 View Post
The fan controller knob works really well, but like someone in the comments said, it really is a Low-High speed fan controller. The rotation is very smooth but the difference between low to medium is fairly low.
If this is true, and what Sky said is true also it should be a simple mode to replace the Variable Resistor with a larger OHM value one to make the voltage difference more 'smooth'.

I, for one, welcome our Corsair case overlords. I have now found a soon-to-be replacement for this ugly HAF
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old July 13, 2011, 07:14 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
If this is true, and what Sky said is true also it should be a simple mode to replace the Variable Resistor with a larger OHM value one to make the voltage difference more 'smooth'.

I, for one, welcome our Corsair case overlords. I have now found a soon-to-be replacement for this ugly HAF
I have worked with the HAF and ATCS and a few other CM cases, but the 800D I have just feels like a higher quality build than any case I have worked with. I have not worked on an Lian Li or a few other high end case makers.
Fold for team #54196
Old July 14, 2011, 01:20 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post

Any ideas on how to do that?
Old July 16, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pretty nice review. I have to admit that Corsair 600T series are very nice. I am the proud owner of a 600T black and I love working in it. Fan controller is also working very good but I have to say that the 200MM fan are junk. Both died on me and the replacement done so. At least corsair impressive service are sending out a brand new case :)

I would like to see corsair get into the HTPC world like silverstone with the lascala and grandia grandia series.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old July 16, 2011, 04:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Pretty nice review. I have to admit that Corsair 600T series are very nice. I am the proud owner of a 600T black and I love working in it. Fan controller is also working very good but I have to say that the 200MM fan are junk. Both died on me and the replacement done so. At least corsair impressive service are sending out a brand new case :)

I would like to see corsair get into the HTPC world like silverstone with the lascala and grandia grandia series.
Did you get the side panel? I have the black and it is great for cable management. I haven't had any problems with the 200mm so far but the top one really doesn't move as much air as i would like it to.
Old July 16, 2011, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianfeng View Post
Did you get the side panel? I have the black and it is great for cable management. I haven't had any problems with the 200mm so far but the top one really doesn't move as much air as i would like it to.
Nop, still using the full steel panel on mine.

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old July 16, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

The one thing I don't like about the 600T cases is they come with 4 front USB ports and not every board supports this. So you end up with 2 extra ports not being used.
Old July 16, 2011, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
The one thing I don't like about the 600T cases is they come with 4 front USB ports and not every board supports this. So you end up with 2 extra ports not being used.
Just stop using Asus? All the mobo I got since my first homebuilt computer were supporting 4 USB.

Martin_metal_88

Old July 16, 2011, 06:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow Corsair 600T Special Black

Just noticed the other day on Newegg that they started to carry the Black version of the White version. At the moment, it is even cheaper then the original 600T (black), not to mention the 600T Special White:
Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM
But now there is no need to order a seperate side panel; if only Corsair did the reverse for the 650D.
Old July 16, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Just stop using Asus? All the mobo I got since my first homebuilt computer were supporting 4 USB.
MSI shares this problem too.