Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25, 2011, 01:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Corsair 650D feedback needed....

Hi guys, i would like to buy a new case, when i will have sold my MountainMods Pinnacle 24 case.

I'd really love the look of the corsair 650D and i would like to have your feedback.
Since i would like to buy a case and i would like to keep it a long time. I need to know every positives of negatives things about it.

So, What you like what you don't, how is the airflow, how easy is the installation of the hardware. (should be great since its a Corsair). Anyway, all informations will be welcome.

My other choice is to buy a Lian li case, but they cost to $$$$$$.

Thanks to everyone
Server system
|I7 3820|Asus P9X79|12G G.Skill 1600Mhz|Noctua NH-D14|Corsair Force 3 120GB|LSI megaRAID 9261 8|RAID5 5X 3TB|Corsair AX650|Fractal Design Arc Midi|

Twitch
Old May 25, 2011, 03:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well for some pictures you can see my upgraded build here:
From Q6600 to Sandy Bridge

As for impressions, well there is a lot of space inside and is quite easy to work with. One thing is that the back side has almost not enough room for all the cables to get hidden. But that said the cable routing options are excellent. As for airflow it is much better than my previous case but I still think this would be better suited for watercooling. Of course you can improve the airflow be removing drive cages or re-arranging them as I did.

Old May 26, 2011, 01:24 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Oh bew, I just sold one today here on HWC.

It's a bangin' case with only one small flaw - the bottom hard drive tray can't be removed if the top half of the cage is mounted to the floor of the case. Other than that, it's flawless. Really roomy, good cooling, fairly quiet and the cable management options are dreamy!

Having used both Lian Li and Corsair, I'd go with Corsair. Yes, I know. It's not aluminum but it's solid and doesn't exhibit the same squeak when you pick it up because the build quality is softer thanks to steel being stronger.
Old May 27, 2011, 05:22 PM
Rookie

It's me who bought 650D from Optix

I'll see if I can post up some pictures of it after I received it.
Old May 27, 2011, 08:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

In my humble opinion, I too have been looking to get the 650D, and the one thing that has been holding me back from getting is that the front panel USB 3.0 (at the moment) is not wired as a proper motherboard header, but has to be looped through the back. RamGuy on the Corsair forum was kind enough to reply to my post stating that Corsair will eventual issue the cases with the proper header, but there is no set ETA.
Old May 27, 2011, 08:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea, that drives me crazy as well. What I did is using the USB 3 box included with my Asus P8P67 Deluxe, I plugged it into the header and have it sitting in the first 5.25" bay. Then I connected the usb3 cables from the front panel to it and have all the cables hidden in the 5.25" bay and on the back side of the case.

All in all it works quite well and I don't have any usb cables sticking out the back of my machine.

Old May 27, 2011, 08:35 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Couple of the guys on the thread suggested extension/adapter alternatives from BitFenix and FrozenCPU.
Old May 27, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Damn, I might have to get that one from BitFenix. I like that I could hide the cables easier then you would with the other one.

Old May 28, 2011, 05:39 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

ipaine, you could also take apart the USB box from the Deluxe, it's very simple to do and then you basically just have cable to hide behind the motherboard tray.
A few of us (including myself) from the Corsair forum did that. It's still not as clean as the bitfenix solution since the Asus cables aren't as flexible (you'll see if you take it apart), but it works better than having that big box hidden in your case.
Old May 29, 2011, 10:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea, I thought of that as well but I was thinking of being able to use that box with another case down the road once I found a better solution (like those mentioned) so I didn't really want to take it apart.