Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27, 2008, 04:20 PM
Top Prospect

Default Cable management and a new case purchase

Hello everyone,
Alright I want some suggestions for cases. I do not want to spend more then 250$ and it needs to be black (DVD drives are black, want them to match). Aside from that I'm not to fussy, keep in mind that I have a watercooling setup as well.
I currently have a Antec 900, and I think it's time to move on.

Right now I am considering the Stacker 832 and while I'm thinking about the TJ07, I really cannot justify putting that much money into a case.

Also I have another question that I would really, really appreciate if someone could answer (primairy reason why I'm writing this thread). About a week ago I saw someone who had some modded power SATA connectors. Basically one SATA connector from your PSU could power 3 SATA devices. It was 3 connectors together, all three of which had a 90* angel. I basically want this for cable management (major reason why I'm putting the Antec 900 behind me). If anyone could find this for me, I have looked on various sites in Canada and the USA, I cannot for the life of me find the thread that I saw this in or a supplier!

If anyone could help, it would be great appreciated.
James
Old January 28, 2008, 06:46 AM
Top Prospect

AHA!
Found what I'm looking for.
Case Pics

Anyone have the best suggestion for a case that's under 250$ and has a side window?
James
Old January 28, 2008, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You water cooling?
Old January 28, 2008, 03:56 PM
Top Prospect

Yup.
I have a PA120.3
MCW60
SNBW-SLI
Micro reservoirs
FuZion + nozzles
MCP655-B water pump.

It's a tight fit in the Antec 900, but definitely more doable then people want others to assume.
James
Old January 28, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

Any case > Antec 900 hahah
Old January 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
Top Prospect

To be honest there is nothing wrong with the case, I'm just really picky about cable management, and lets just say it isn't the Antec 900's strong point.
I could do a really good job and fix this case up, but it'd take alot of work and I'm going to need more space later down the road, so I figure I might as well upgrade now.
I'm thinking I might take the plunge and just get the TJ07, anyone have a better case? I open to anything but mountain mods, I really don't like those cases.
James
Old February 3, 2008, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

The antec P18x are a nice line, so is the CM Cosmos. I have one of those actually. Both seem to suit themselves well to WC if you like internal setups. The TJ07 are really nice but seem to be better suited to air cooling in what Ive seen. Not sure if it matters to you but they are also all aluminum which is a turn off for me. Personally I prefer the sheet steel (provided it's a thick enough gauge) as I find it easier to work with if you're modding.

As for the sata cable thingy.. I just saw it like last night or the night before! I'll try to retrace my steps and see if I can't find a link for you.

[edit]
n/m the comment about the tj07, was thinking about the tj09!
[/edit]
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water

Last edited by biff; February 3, 2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old February 3, 2008, 04:43 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I've had many cases, from Thermaltake to Coolermaster, some no-names, Antec P160s-180s-182s... but all, and I mean all bowed down before my last acquisition: the Lian-Li PC-V1000. The build quality blew my mind. Yes, it's Aluminium but a thick Aluminium. Makes a world of difference. Water-cooling? Check my setup... please forget the cable management - it ain't my bag...

As for the SATA cable job, it was done by the member. It's not sold.
Old February 3, 2008, 06:48 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
As for the SATA cable job, it was done by the member. It's not sold.
Yeah I know, I realized that which is why I PMed him a while ago. I think I might try the mod project myself.

I can already tell that my PSU won't fit into that case unless I mod that bottom section out (I have a 850W modular PSU). If I do that, I think it would greatly effect the sturdyness of the case.
Also there isn't enough 5.25"/3.5" drive bays for me.
James
Old February 3, 2008, 07:39 PM
Top Prospect

I really love my TJ07, even though it had some snags. If you're thinking of mounting the hard drives in the 5.25" bays with cheap adapters it can be a slight pain, but I got it working in the end. Check my build log here. I was able to hide most of the cables fairly well with minimal effort. If you want some pics just let me know. Here is my build log.