Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28, 2011, 08:32 PM
MVP

from my experience all Tt products were the worst of the worst quality! all other suggestions here get my vote except for the PS04B... the 05 is great tho! to that list I'd add this new release:

Azza Toledo 301

Although I've never seen it IRL, on paper for the price it looks amazing value (on par with the Z9plus but with better looks imo)

Last edited by BrutalGreen; May 23, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old April 28, 2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

I am starting to like the HAF 912. Does that upper part come out? It looks like it does and does the cut-out help for aftermarket heat sinks? Just curious.

OP, I might be looking for a case at that budget, too, in the future and I would suggest the HAF 912, Lancool K62 and NZXT cases suggested.

Yeah, the Antec 300 is not that good. Imho, it requires mods to be useful or to make working on/with it easier.

I think the CM 690 II looks interesting, too, but if you need the case shipped to you, after taxes and shipping, it is probably getting close to $100 (just so you know).

For me, I don't care much about the looks of the exterior of the case. I care about overall design, especially the interior in which the concerns are cooling, air flow and for me, cable management (probably an issue for most builders, anyway). I like the cut-out where the heatsink goes just because it should be standard, imho.
Old April 28, 2011, 08:48 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I have the Lancool K62. It's a great case. It has a good amout of room behind the side panel, it could use 1/4 inch more tho. I just want a nice plain case for my Dad. Seem they don't make the nice plain one's anymore.
Old April 28, 2011, 08:52 PM
Banned
F@H

the 912 is a hell of a case, especially when it can be had for under 50,around 60 shipped.

which upper part?

the front bezel comes out really nice when you need to work on it.

and it looks like it means business. just put together a 6950 cf rig with it
saved dude about 100 bucks from his other choice plus a bit here and there
which went towards the second gpu,vastly improving his gaming experience :).

or the new ps06 with a penetrator measuring 180mm atop!!

Old April 28, 2011, 08:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Look at all the coolermaster elites. Some of them are gamming oriented, but a lot of them are simple and will suffice.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 28, 2011, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
the 912 is a hell of a case, especially when it can be had for under 50,around 60 shipped.

which upper part?
This one:
Attached Images

Old April 29, 2011, 05:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That part is already cut out of the case for the removal and installation of aftermarket cooling backplates.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 29, 2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
That part is already cut out of the case for the removal and installation of aftermarket cooling backplates.

ST
Right. That's what I thought. Now, I've found sites who have done reviews with pictures.

The only concern I'd have with it is how tight it is when you have the (middle?) drive cage in there. However, aren't video cards getting a bit shorter these days? They're what, 10.5" on average? I think space would be a bit tight but not bad. Also, it's a mid-tower so I guess one can expect these issues but some case mid-tower designers seem to figure out a way for extra space?

If the drive cage has to be taken out, then drives have to be put up top?
Edit: Nevermind. Looks like two can fit at the bottom. But, if you have more drives, they go up top?

Okay... I'll stop being lazy and read the review...lol!

That's my only neg. about the 912 but for *$50*, one can't expect it to be perfect. I like that they have the cut-out and the holes already for cable management. Not sure when it came out but I wish I had it instead of the Antec 300! Much better design and deal for the same money.

Last edited by Borg; April 29, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old April 29, 2011, 07:03 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for the help. Dad chose this case.

Newegg.com - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B Black Aluminum/ SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Old May 1, 2011, 01:16 PM
Banned

For the 912, can you mount the drives in backwards? Do any of these cases have designs where the drive can be mounted in backwards (to hide the cables) whether it's at the 90/180 degree style? I don't mind that some have the tilts but I'd want to mount the drives in backwards regardless to hide the cable...

Problem is where the mounting holes are and whether there's room at the back of the case or in front of the intake fans (depending on where the cage is located/situated).

I hope there's a manufacturer that thought of this.

Else I need a drill! :)