Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2011, 12:36 PM
Trial Member

Default Silverstone PS04B Cooling

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I'm picking up a PS04B tomorrow. I know this case is a bit popular around here for budget case. I'm not sure if the case comes with 1 or 2 fans or how good the airflow is since there is no top exhaust. I'm just wondering what kind of cooling option would work best for this case. I'm debating between H50, A70, CM Hyper 212+ and Noctua NH-D14 (not even sure if would fit).

If anyone has any suggestions for coolers or any other cases, I would appreciate your feedback.

Cheers!
Old April 25, 2011, 01:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It only has a Pair of 120's.

Honestly if you are willing to go through the installation process, I would put the H50/70 or Coolit Eco on there.
They tend to perform much better in low airflow cases (and I consider it low airflow when all it has is 2 fans).

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 25, 2011, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you want a better cooled case go for a CM Elite/HAF or a Zalman Z9. The PS04B is very nice, but lacks cooling options. However, if you're handy with a dremel/hole saw, go for the Silverstone.

The NH-D14 will fit in all of the mentioned cases, the question is whether your motherboard will fit it and whether you need that kind of cooling power.